Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I turned on my laptop with the same problem but when i click Enter, it automatically shuts down. What do I do now? I'm trying to see if I can work it out without bringing it in the store.

HP Recommended

how did you disable the secure boot?

HP Recommended
after dng above process all iswell and when i am istalling another os it is win cant install due gpartion is not supported what to do help
HP Recommended

Hi ram654,

To clarify, you are trying to install a second operating system on your computer, is that correct? What is the exact error message that you are getting? What operating system are you trying to install and what OS do you already have installed? What is your product number?

Find your product number on a desktop:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried all the below ways to get into my PC but it still won't let me in. Please help I need to get in so I can work.

HP Recommended

Hi Tara12,

I understand you are having issue with your computer. This document contains information on what the BIOS program is and how to use the BIOS Setup utility.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110

Here are some other things to check on startup. Restart the computer and click on keys.

F2  System Diagnostics will help to see if HDD is Ok.
F9  Boot Device Options to make sure you are booting to the right drive.
F10 BIOS Setup as explained in the previous document.
F11 System Recovery to recover is something is not installed correctly on Windows.

If you require further assistance please let me know your model and current operating system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problems. "selected boot image" message...legacy boot did not work...F11 does not work...boot from CD tells me the hard drive is locked...HELP !!!  ENVY M6 with less than one year of use!

HP Recommended

I'm using Windows 8. The legacy solution doesn't work for me as it says on the BIOS (I also tried just in case).

My Laptop has less than a month and it's been working with performance issues since I bought it, and is not a hardware issue since it has a very decent processor and 8Gb of RAM.

The model is: 15-n007ss.

I manage to run a component test (I can't remember how I reach that window):

Type of test: System[Q]

Result: Failed

Failure ID: 6E6FT9-70X71D-MFPWXF-60XS03

This has been the worst experience I ever had with a brand new laptop, and the worst experience I had in a very long time.

HP Recommended
You need a new hard drive. If in warranty, call support. I too failed the system test but my laptop was not in warranty. I am not sure if hp supplied hard drives have the operating system, you may need the disks or USB stick. Good luck.
HP Recommended
Thanks I have wasted a couple of hours on this until I read your post. Works now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.