Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried DanG82's fix verbatim and it still reverts to 8 lines scrolling

HP Recommended

I've tried every fix listed on the internet for the issue of the mouse settings reverting after a reboot.

I set the scrolling to 3 lines and it always reverts to 8 lines.

I tried older versions of the synaptics driver, disabling things in synaptics settings, etc. etc.

Please tell me HP is at least actively working this issue. It's a very annoying bug.

I use a bluetooth mouse more than the touchpad. Is there anyway to fully disable the touchpad till this is fixed?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Like some other people in this post, I am trying to fathom whether there is support for digitisers on non-us models.

From my research, there seems to be no difference in the part numbers for the actual LCD screen, between US and UK models and the fact that FHD / QHD specs don't matter gives me more hope.

As HP themselves do not seem to know which model variants will work with which pens, I have compiled a list of known variants and published it on my blog site.

If any owners out there could assist in getting to the bottom of this, please add your specific model number and which pen(s) you know to work to this post or my blog. I will then update the table for others to make use of.

Many thanks

W.

HP Recommended

I bought a Dell "Venue Active Stylus" and Popped along to my nearest John Lewis, where they had a Spectre 13-4003na on demo. I launched MS OneNote, and sure enough, the Stylus worked. No messing with drivers or setup required.

SO WHY DON'T HP.CO.UK ADVERTISE THIS FACT??????

For me this is a critical selling point and if I hadn't gone out of my way to test it, I would never have known. HP doesn't deserve my money!!!

I just hope the version I actually buy will also work.

HP Recommended

mdecipher, did you sell the dell stylus or do you still have it?  Is it the AAGN version?

HP Recommended
Can you please confirm that the Pro 408, this one definitely works with the Spectre x360? If yes, is it very good? Thank you. http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/product.aspx?sel=DEF&id=K8P73AA&opt=
HP Recommended

I can confirm that de 408 pro stylus is working OK with the Spectre. It is fairly precise and pressure sensitivity is OK also. Not all software is working that well, but the Windows built-in handwriting recognition, AutoDesk Schetchbook and OneNote is working fine for me.

I've seen people use a Surface Stylus: that is in another league altogether, but that is because of difference in screen technology.

HP Recommended

I should add that the battery life of the 408 stylus is not that good. Keeping a few AAAA batteries near your spectre is a good idea. I've had the stylus since May this year and already drained 2 batteries.

HP Recommended

Yes, not sure which version just what was currently availalbe from Dell. Still have screen protector available.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.