Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my Stream 11 to Windows 10 and now the gestures on the touchpad don't work. I can click on something and that works but scrolling and swiping does not. 

I have updated the drivers.

Do the drivers just not support this or is there something I can do to get gestures to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

did you try going to control panel -  mouse and touchpad  and changing the settings, (I presume you did)

I had a problem with the touchpad gestures also. The synaptics driver that came with windows 10 on my hp pavillion  would not save the settings I wanted. In my case I wanted rid of gestures.  But it wouldnt keep my preffered settings after restart. I got the old synaptics driver from  hp support and this works better for me. The only problem is that windows keeps updating the new driver. To solve this you must change device settings to not automaticaly download drivers.

Heres what worked for me to stop the new driver from constantly updating:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automati...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

did you try going to control panel -  mouse and touchpad  and changing the settings, (I presume you did)

I had a problem with the touchpad gestures also. The synaptics driver that came with windows 10 on my hp pavillion  would not save the settings I wanted. In my case I wanted rid of gestures.  But it wouldnt keep my preffered settings after restart. I got the old synaptics driver from  hp support and this works better for me. The only problem is that windows keeps updating the new driver. To solve this you must change device settings to not automaticaly download drivers.

Heres what worked for me to stop the new driver from constantly updating:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automati...

HP Recommended

Solution how to disable driver automatic update is here.

Edit 1: Unfortunately tool does not show problematic Synaptics driver served by  Microsoft.

Edit 2: Reason was, that driver was already downloaded and ready to install. After automatic install and rolling back to HP driver I was able to disable Microsoft Synaptics driver to install automatically with “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter.

HP Recommended

Thnaks,  I downloaded the Windows 8.1 drivers and now it works. Now to keep  the drivers from updating.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Already have latest HP driver ver 18. Problem caused by Microsoft Synaptics driver ver 19.  So no point to upgrade, but must downgrade driver. As latest post show here, HP working with new driver. Lets wait.

HP Recommended

After upgrading my HP Stream 11 to Windows 10, "double tap as right click" wouldn't work. 

So I downloaded the August 13, 2015, Synaptics driver from HP Support (thank you HP for your continuing support program!).

I tried to install. I got a message that the new driver would not install properly unless first uninstalling the old driver, so I did and rebooted, then ran the new driver software.

This is where it gets weird. The Synaptics tool shows a successful installation, but the Synaptics custom options are nowhere in sight, just MSFT HID mouse settings.

Tried reinstalling and rebooting several times. Even scoured the Program files and deleted the Synaptics folders and the swm... install folders from HP. Still no success.

Is the Aug 13 release buggy? Am I doing something wrong?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.