Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I wish I had book marked the site, but I read that Windows 7 Starter OS will not support 2G.  I had to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium ($119.00) to use my 2G Ram in my Mini 210.  Good job, microsoft!

HP Recommended

The following table specifies the limits on physical memory for Windows 7. Limit on X86 Limit on  X64 Windows 7 Starter 2 GB 2 GB

taken from
Windows 7 starter does work with 2gb of ram.
HP Recommended

Great to have this resource. I have HP 210 mini 1091NR that was gift (wife not savvy on computers so not aware of memory limit) with win7 starter.  When I used link to HP specs for my model it said max memory 1024MB.  Seems limited to 1GB from that spec list and also some folks indicated needed to upgrade bios and possibly Win 7 starter issues for an upgrade.

Has anyone else upgraded a 1091NR or one that HP states as max memory only 1GB?  I am tempted to try it anyway as performance meter seems to show memory maxed out most of time when operating programs. 

Interested in opinions if I should I expect noticeable gains if I tried and were sucessful to go to 2GB --or are the hardware/Win 7 issues unsolveable in any event?

Regards

HP Recommended

I recently bought the Kingston PC3-10600 2gb memory module 2 upgrade my mini 210-1170NR.

the Kingston part number is KVR1333D3S9/2G. After installing the SODIMM, and upon boot up, I only saw a black screen.

I tried turning off the mini by holding the power/reset button for a few seconds.

Then, I turned it on again. This time the boot up was successful.

I'm still using the 2Gb memory, but occasionally i will encounter the black screen on some boot ups.

I just do a reboot when this happens.

Regards.

HP Recommended

>> I recently bought the Kingston PC3-10600 2gb memory module 2 upgrade

Probably a bit high for the Mini 210. The specs say PC2 6400.

Regards,

BH 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi BH,

My mini 210-1170NR came with a 1Gb DDR3 SODIMM from Hynix. I looked at the spec and its a PC3-10600 module.

So I think using a similar 2Gb SODIMM is ok. However, the Kingston SODIMM was the one I saw available here in the Philippines.

Rgds,

Coredu065

HP Recommended

thats dandy, do you even own a mini 210??? it uses ddr3 not ddr2.

and mine wont boot with 2 gig installed. ddr3 pc 10600 or pc 8500

HP Recommended

nosbod, {content removed}, it says 2 gb not 1 gb for starter. and 64x starter has no posted limit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.