Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sirs,

My new laptop has windows  7  and windows 8. My scaner  is the HP scan jet 3400C.there are no drivers for this scaner.Can you please instal the drivers for me?

Thank you,

Loizos Milidonis

HP Recommended

windows 8 instal hp scanjet 3400c????

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Driver for HP ScanJet 3400C

HP Recommended

@micon wrote:

Is there a new driver for the HP ScanJet 3400C. It is a good sanncer and have used it through all the upgrades. Surely HP will have a new driver that will work on Windows 7??????????????????

hi

Please 3400c scanner drivers for windows 7 Email
HP Recommended

HP wants everyone to buy new hardware, therefore HP will never create a driver for the 3400C. Whenever I need to use my scanner, I use my tower PC which has XP on it. I know that Windows support has ended for XP, but I don't connect to the Internet with this PC any longer, I use my Laptop with Win 7 for surfing.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Driver for HP ScanJet 3400C ??

HP Recommended

I found a way to make the windows xp driver work under windows 7.

HP Recommended

Really? All we want to know about it.

Could you please explain in detail?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I found a solution using the windows xp driver for windows 7

Following these instructions:

http://www.insidetechnology360.com/index.php/how-to-configure-an-hp-scanjet-3400c-for-use-in-windows...

I did not have a driver installed yet, so I skipped on down to installing the driver.

Unplug the USB cable between the computer and the scanner first.  I found it easier to reach my scanner cable and didn't have to get on the floor to pull from the computer.

With the scanner disconnected, proceed to download the sj652en.exe for Windows XP.  The author said to go for Service Pack 2, but I went for Service Pack 3..  That can be had from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=sj652en

To find sj652en.exe, you likely won't see ",exe" so look for sj652en called an "application" in the description column.

Right click on the file, seek out Properties at the bottom of the menu, and on Properties, select the  Compatibility tab, and place a check in the top box and the bottom box.  The top box will have you run the program in compatibility mode for: and will show Windows XP.  If you don't see Windows XP, select it.

The bottom box will have you run the program as administrator.  Click OK and then run sj652en.

When it has finished, you nreed to go into Program Files and open up Hewlett Packard.  Open HPPrecisionScan, and sort the description column.  This will list all "Applications"s near the top and together.

For each Application, right-click, select Properties, move to the CXompatibility tab and enter those same two check boxes, one to run in Compatibility mode for:  Windows XP and the other to run as Administrator.

When you're finished, plug the USB cable in.

Forget the Windows Fax and Scan.  It will encounter an error applying settings to driver.  Run instead the HP PrecisionScan LTX software, and you're in business, using the HP ScanJet 3400c on Windows 7.

A big thank-you to Steve Tyson of Inside Technology 360.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 installed on my computer. my problem is not working  my scaner HP scanjet 3400 c. windows 7  doesn't support. How do I update my scaner

Thank you,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.