Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i've found. if correct, no chance to user hp3400c by w7-64:

UPDATE:

as stated in the comments, this (vgl. unten) workaround will only work on 32-bit
   Installations of win 7
   There is no 64-bit version of the driver I know of, so this will not work with
   Windows 7 64-bit versions. Sorry!

-> http://www.aronson.co.il/HP_Scanjet_3400c_Scanner_Windows_7.aspx

How to install HP Scanjet 3400c Scanner drivers on Windows Vista and Windows 7
the following was taken from here but since I wanted to make sure I had this for myself
and in case the original link stopped working I am adding it here.

1. If your scanner is connected to your computer (USB) uninstall it using the device
   manager, be sure to check the box that says "delete the driver."(This option seems
   to only be in Vista) Unplug the USB when it is uninstalled.

2. Download the sj652 installer packaged from HP. here or here

Extract it to a folder.

3. Select the "setup" app and right click on it to get properties. Change the compati-
   bility to XP. Then run it and click "OK" on any warnings from Vista.

4. Now, go to the HP folder in your Program Files directory, there will be a "HP Pre-
   cisionScan" folder. It will be the only one unless you have other HP products. Open
   the PrecisionScan LTX folder and change all apps to XP compatibility.

5. Plug in your scanner via USB and let it install.

The scanner will now work using the LTX software installed on your computer. Like I
said, the buttons on the front do not work, and you can't do anything with it by going
to "scanners and cameras" in your control panel. Windows Fax and Scan also does not
work. BUT, it seems to work great and all the functionality is there in the LTX soft-
ware.

HP Recommended

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

The sj652 procedure listed here did not work on my Win7 G60 HP laptop. What a PITA!

HP Recommended

Всем добрый вечер!

Помогите кто сможет мне найти драйверы для установки сканера HP ScanJet 3400C на OC Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hey you all!

It's very clear we're many users needing to work with the 3400C Scanjet over Windows 7 64 bits.

I suggest some freelance programmer try to write an unofficial driver. If (s)he get it, I believe all of us will be pleased to pay a few money for it. And for sure few money from many people is much money, a good prize for the intrepid who take this adventure in benefit of the community. It can all be quite easy to organize: just starting a crowfunding project with the title "HP Scanjet 3400C driver for Windows 7 64 bits" and the driver download as reward, and spread it thru the net, from this forum til every other one about this issue.

Please tell everybody, and spread the proposal. For sure it'll be a success!

HP Recommended

I want to a new driver for my scaner Scanjet 3400c

HP Recommended

I want scanjet3400c drivers download

HP Recommended

Dream on ↑ , it'll never happen and Microsoft couldn't care less cause the scanner is too old for Software Engineers to spend time on.

HP Recommended

For win 7 64bit,a have no driver yet, but  I use HP scanjet3400c in Win XP-virtual mashine....slowly...but work !

Steel  I  houp ,that sumbody ( student or ingener) will write new driver....

Dum spiro Spero !

HP Recommended

if you choose this way and use a virtual maschine, try a free linux version,

ubuntu or any other. you need not to pay any licence at all, because of gnu.

at my ubuntu 10.04 this scanner works without any problems.

nb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.