Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same here, this is the first HP notebook that I've ever purchased and this will definitely be the last.  The model of my notebook (envy 4) has been out for 7 months and Windows 8 was already available for testing back then.  Yet here we are nearly a month after official launch of WIndows 8 and no official graphics drivers to be found.  

If HP can't get Intel and AMD to play nice with each other for driver support then they shouldnt have paired the two together.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are quite right! What is really disgusting is that HP, after all this is an HP forum, has not had the decency to to post some sort of apology or message to the dual graphic computer owners. This is my first HP too and my daughter also has one and they do perform very well on Windows 7. We have decided to that one on Windows 7 and not spend another $40 to get a headache and high blood pressure.

Now that i have the right driver installed it is working very well. Microsoft must also share some of the blame because the Windows 8 installation fails to "see" that the AMD RADEON is not a 7000M but it just goes and and puts the 7000M driver in. The same also applies in a way to the WiFi driver. The "updated driver" works at about 10% of the speed. I have a 30 Mb/s connection and I was downloading at 0.47Mb/s!. Again. I found the "old driver solution" through Google.

To be blunt, all these huge conglomerates, be they Microsoft, HP, DELL and, dare I say it, Apple (we have two Macs in the family) are also totally blind to the criticism on their customers.

Hopefully, in spite of the manufacturers, we will overcome!

Regards.

HP Recommended

For some of us with gen 1 intel core processors its really annoying since the leshcat don't work properly on windows 8( the swtching part is not there,brightness controls don't work). You can't tell which graphics card is in use . I have to disable the AMD card in the device manager so that the brightness controls work. But once you disable the AMD card, windows experience index doesn't work-but i can live without it.

Am really glad i bought this laptop as an ex-display. Guess i will getting another one(still a HP) down the line to properly run windows 8.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I did manage to install the two drivers and the AMD is working. However, the "switching to Intel window" doesn't come up when the computer goes onto battery power.

I am going to download the driver package and see if this fixes the switiching thing.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@samjambo wrote:

For some of us with gen 1 intel core processors its really annoying since the leshcat don't work properly on windows 8( the swtching part is not there,brightness controls don't work). You can't tell which graphics card is in use . I have to disable the AMD card in the device manager so that the brightness controls work. But once you disable the AMD card, windows experience index doesn't work-but i can live without it.

Am really glad i bought this laptop as an ex-display. Guess i will getting another one(still a HP) down the line to properly run windows 8.

Regarding Leshcat's drivers, you should make a ticket and discuss whatever problems you are facing with him directly, he is so decent and helpful and would guide you all the way to fix issues.

Why would you disable AMD card if you are using leshcat's drivers ? the reason why some used them was to enable the amd card, since once windows 8 installed it will automatically ONLY use the intel card all along, and we disable the amd card to avoid pc crashes.

Buying another HP is a not a great idea, think again

Good luck

HP Recommended
Hi,

Have you got it working yet? If not, have a look at this posted by xupefei:

To anyone who cannot install graphics driver of Intel & AMD 6470M:

try this one:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58660.html

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58660.exe

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Frankb
HP Recommended

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58660.exe worked for me.....device manager now shows I have amd radeon 6470M graphic card and switchable graphics works too....**bleep** HP why they put wrong driver for my laptop......SP59147.exe provided by them for my laptop doesn't work at all......thanks xupefei and frankdb.....

HP Recommended

Glad to help but the our real hero is xupefei!

frankb.

HP Recommended

@mesamit wrote:

**bleep** HP why they put wrong driver for my laptop......SP59147.exe provided by them for my laptop doesn't work at all......

One engineer of HP says that this driver is the oldest one in five drivers(And SP59147 is the newest). But HOW CAN A NEW DRIVER SUPPORT LESS DEVICE THAN OLD ONES?

HP Recommended

Seems that HP and MS tek guys are living om Mars or in virtual reality.

OK, after I ran the SP59147. Everything still works but there seems to be no change. The driver date is still Aug 15 1012.

Capture.PNG

Well, I think, since everything does work, I am going to leave it alone until the geniuses at HP, MS and AMD do an update and then prbabaly screw up our computers again!

Maybe if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Frankb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.