Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@goalkeeperial wrote:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109931-1&cc=tr&dlc=tr&lc=tr

please check this driver.

I have returned win 7 back. and i have a g62-b16st with hd5470 and hd3000 graphics. If anybody tries this driver and it works, i'll install win8 again.

Please check this driver and share your experience. 😄

In fact, you should check whether your hardware IDs exist in the driver's INF file. If they exist, you can surely install the driver successfully, "try" is not needed.

HP Recommended

@xupefei wrote:

@goalkeeperial wrote:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109931-1&cc=tr&dlc=tr&lc=tr

I have returned win 7 back. and i have a g62-b16st with hd5470 and hd3000 graphics. If anybody tries this driver and it works, i'll install win8 again.

In fact, you should check whether your hardware IDs exist in the driver's INF file. If they exist, you can surely install the driver successfully, "try" is not needed.

How do you check the inf file? Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

@dezurtrat wrote:

@xupefei wrote:

@goalkeeperial wrote:

How do you check the inf file? Thanks in advance!

As this:

In this picture you can see that the Line 119 matchs the Hardware ID which is displayed on the right, that is "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_166E103C", so this driver will surely work if I upgrade my OS to Windows 8.

HP Recommended

Good stuff. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your attention my graphic card id is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_143A103C but i cant find in the inf file. So, i cant use this package for my computer. Win 8 is just a dream for me 😄 I can use it on my old ASUS laptop. No problem occurs. but the switchable graphics is the main problem.

HP Recommended

@Chaand wrote:

@LeChuck wrote:

Just saying, Lenovo released drivers for Win 8 + switchable graphics today.

The worst thing is that topics concerning Win 8 + switchable graphics are being ignored by HP experts. Not even one of them wrote sth like: "We know about the situation and we are sorry for inconveniences. We can assure you all that by <for example> 15th September you will get proper drivers."

totally agree with what you wrote ...

Mr Ashkan, I had an e-mail from microsoft stating windows 8 enterprise has finally been released for trial, that's official as it's the final release, I guess microsoft know better, wouldn't you say so ?

I am actually waiting for a response from HP on the subject. Experts with green avatars are not HP employees. We certainly cannot promise anything on HP's behalf.

I didn't jump into the fray because I had nothing to add on the subject at the time.

Frankly speaking, I did not feel like getting flamed for not knowing how to help owners of the switchable graphics notebooks. We ll know that the anonymity of the internet tends to give some people the courage to behave as brutal as children with only the slightest reason that may be  only perceived by them. 😉

I am currently doing some experimentation with my loaner HP Envy17-3002ea notebook and Windows 8 Pro x64 (Technet edition). After I am done, I will post the results here in this thread. The loaner notebook does have  switchable graphics. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
oh man, here is yet another driver "suggested" to me by HP employees.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58875.exe

Now I gave them my specs and card types, so who knows where this one came from.

(dv7t-6c00, radeon 7690m xt/intel3000)
HP Recommended

PURPOSE:

Routine

SoftPaq NUMBER:

sp58875

SUPERSEDES:

None

EFFECTIVE DATE:

October 01, 2012

CATEGORY:

Driver - Graphics

SSM SUPPORTED:

YES 

PRODUCT TYPE(S):

Notebooks 

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):

HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC Series 

DEVICES SUPPORTED:

Radeon HD 7590 

Radeon HD 7570M

HP Recommended
yeah I seen that, also here is what they posted about the other ones we ran around. So that sp59147 isn't even for a envy or pavalion

sp58815 is for Envy 15 models.

sp59147 is for Pavilion g4/g6/g7 models

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
it looks to be for a

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):

HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC Series

DEVICES SUPPORTED:

Radeon HD 7590

Radeon HD 7570M

quite a bit different from my dv7t-6c00 with a 7690m xt
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.