Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I already have it(both the 12.11 beta 8 and the 12.10). I'll try them then i will get back to you(and the forum) with the results. My main concern is whether it will install the intel driver. For intel HD 3000 i saw it does install the modified intel driver. Am not so sure with the intel HD in gen 1 processors. But i'll just have to install and see.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@samjambo wrote:

I already have it(both the 12.11 beta 8 and the 12.10). I'll try them then i will get back to you(and the forum) with the results. My main concern is whether it will install the intel driver. For intel HD 3000 i saw it does install the modified intel driver. Am not so sure with the intel HD in gen 1 processors. But i'll just have to install and see.

Thank you.

Yea, in fact, for my Intel HD 3000 graphics card, I'm running the AMD driver for it and it seems to be wroking great.

HP Recommended

Whats is your GPU cards? 

HP Recommended

@TemeM1 wrote:

Whats is your GPU cards? 

Are you asking this to anyone specifically or to people here generally?

Anyway, most of us here have the switchable graphics which is on-board video + an additional high performance HD graphics card.

I personally have a HP Pavilion Notebook dv6t-b600 with the following:

Intel HD 3000 graphics

+

Radeon HD 6490M graphics card

HP Recommended
i actually was asking you, but somehow, it wasnt replying..
HP Recommended

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109931-1&cc=tr&dlc=tr&lc=tr

please check this driver.

I have returned win 7 back. and i have a g62-b16st with hd5470 and hd3000 graphics. If anybody tries this driver and it works, i'll install win8 again.

Please check this driver and share your experience. 😄

HP Recommended

SO after trying leshcat drivers and trying to install the latest beta amd and intel drivers the best solution was to install the windows 7 drivers with windows 7 compatibility mode turned on.  IT works just like it did before i upgraded and that is all i wanted.  Switchable graphics work and i can dual screen properly.  This was first gen envy 14

HP Recommended

@yogurteater wrote:

the best solution was to install the windows 7 drivers with windows 7 compatibility mode turned on.  IT works just like it did before i upgraded and that is all i wanted.  Switchable graphics work and i can dual screen properly.  This was first gen envy 14

I've been saying this quite a LOT... make sure you don't update your AMD driver from the device manager, as it'll get you back where you started. I've tried it and that's why I'm so sure of it. lets just wait and see if HP develops proper drivers, when that happens we'll find the drivers via " windows update ".

HP Recommended

@yogurteater wrote:

SO after trying leshcat drivers and trying to install the latest beta amd and intel drivers the best solution was to install the windows 7 drivers with windows 7 compatibility mode turned on.  IT works just like it did before i upgraded and that is all i wanted.  Switchable graphics work and i can dual screen properly.  This was first gen envy 14

Hey good information. Thanks for posting. I had tried this but I hadn't tried running in compatibility mode. I think my mistake was that I missed the compatibility part.  Since I used the AMD catalyst software and drivers and have everything working I think I'll leave it as is and see if HP does ever develop software updates.  What I'm reading though suggest otherwise.

HP Recommended

@goalkeeperial wrote:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109931-1&cc=tr&dlc=tr&lc=tr

please check this driver.

I have returned win 7 back. and i have a g62-b16st with hd5470 and hd3000 graphics. If anybody tries this driver and it works, i'll install win8 again.

Please check this driver and share your experience. 😄

What is this site. You have one post and a link to a non-English site which lists Chinese versions. This makes me very concerned. It could be legit but I'm nervous all the same.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.