Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi,
I have problem with my network adapter,i cant install a LAN driver an error pops up and says "The realtek Network Controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled Please plug the cable." i can't see my network adapter in device manager..

My laptop is pavilion g6-1016se
Can someone help me? 😞
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello KingRex123,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with the NIC not showing up in your Device Manager on your HP Pavilion g6-1016se Notebook PC. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this I can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Hello,
32-bit windows7 ultimate
HP Recommended

Hello again KingRex123,

Thank you for the updated information to help with your issue. I would ike you to follow the steps I have set out below:

Step 1. Turn off the computer and unplug it and remove the batter

Step 2. After a 5 minutes or so have passed turn the computer back on

*** If the issue is resolved follow Steps 3 - 10, if the issue is not resolved follow Steps 11 - 21.

Step 3. Click on Start
Step 4. Click Control Panel
Step 5. Choose System and Security
Step 6. Click Device Manager (under System)
Step 7. Double-click Network adapters to expand it
Step 8. Double-click the Realtek Network Controller
Step 9. Choose the Power Management tab
Step 10. Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

*** We will be removing and reinstalling the Memory Module.

Step 11. Remove the battery

Step 12. Loosen the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the accessory cover (identified with a hard disk, wireless, and memory icon) to the base enclosure

Step 13. Lift the rear edge of the accessory cover and remove it

*** Note: The primary and expansion memory slots are both located under the accessory cover. The primary memory slot is located on the bottom and the expansion memory slot is located on top. If an expansion memory board is installed, it must be removed before the primary memory board can be removed.

Step 14. Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the memory module to the spring tension position

*** Caution! When handling a memory module, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.

Step 15. Grasp the memory module by the edges and pull gently to remove it

*** Wait about 5 minutes before reinserting the Memory Module.

Step 16. Grasp the memory module by the edges

Step 17. Align the notch in the memory module with the key in the memory module slot on the system board

Step 18. At an angle, gently insert the memory module into its slot on the system board

*** Caution! When handling a memory module, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.

Step 19. Press the memory module down to latch the arms

Step 20. Toe the accessory cover (identified with a hard disk, wireless, and memory icon) into position and press down along the edges of the accessory cover to secure it to the base enclosure
Step 21. Tighten the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the accessory cover to the base enclosure

*** If the issue is resolved follow Steps 3 - 10.

Step 3. Click on Start
Step 4. Click Control Panel
Step 5. Choose System and Security
Step 6. Click Device Manager (under System)
Step 7. Double-click Network adapters to expand it
Step 8. Double-click the Realtek Network Controller
Step 9. Choose the Power Management tab
Step 10. Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
I surely follow all steps but it doesn't solve it...
Any other solution?
HP Recommended

Hello again KingRex123,

At this point I am at a loss and would advise you to contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Ok. Thanks for the help 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.