Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mr. Associate Dean, have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

Have a great day too Colonel. 🙂

BTW. I have many HP notebooks, replaced in every model original HDD's for new with higher capacity and bought them from other source then HP. They are working without any problems.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
I concur, looking at the Netbooks they are a Trade Secret by HP, meaning, we have the Exclusive Rights to build these 2010 Netbook computers made for repair soley by HP Techs with pre-figured HD's, thus, forbidding the End-User from self repair, They are still in compliance with the Rules of Computer Protocal, and Consumer Manufacturing Law.
HP Recommended

@theColonel wrote:

HP Hard drives are pre-configured at the factory. For your information I got this inside information from a Highly Knowlegeable TECH. You can not buy a Hard drive from any Vender on the internet, it won't work, I guarantee that.

Also my HP Netbook  will not let you boot an Unkknown Device, meaning, its configured for HP only. I tried that, it didn't work!  Finally, you can not put BMW parts in Mercedez Benz. 

You do not need a HP-branded HDD to run in an HP computer (the HDD itself must be compatible but that's true for any hardware).  If the HDD comes pre-imaged for another system, re-format and start from scratch.  Of course, an HDD purchased from HP would carry an HP warranty with it, which would help one out in case they ever need to call in for support...but it's not absolutely necessary.  In fact, I've personally replaced an HP hard drive with one from a Dell and it worked with no problems after re-imaging. 

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
HP Recommended
True, however its said "Yesterdays news is old news" Technology changes constantly, what you or the way you installed computer parts in 2003, 2004 up to 2010 and 2012 has changed. I reference my HP Netbook born in 2010, can not put any HD in it. Pay close attention to Post on this Community Forum, many are having HD problems, thus I suggest they get the right HD. I will stick with HD Support, atleast you wil get the correct part..
HP Recommended
Matt.........I discipline myself to follow Manufacturer's instructions on a product. To deviate with Trial anmd Error will cost you. Specifically on my 2010 Netbook HD was a label, with HP Replacement part number for this Netbook. So I done that, and got it done
HP Recommended

when i turen on my laptop the screen apears black and i can turn it after many times said that this is the HDD problem that BIOS cant find the hard drive.

HP Recommended

problem games my pc plss help my

HP Recommended

First please give PC or Laptop model, year, hard drive size and Windows Operating System installed, and do you have DVD/CD Drive. Bear with me, there is no quick fix, we must go thru the steps of Troble-Shooting problem. Are you in Warranty or Out of Warranty?

HP Recommended
Go to Florida, maybe they have Orange/Tangerine Gadgets there, inclusively (lol).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.