Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When a reporter tells the NEWS, he gives the 5 elements of a News Story, the Who, What, Why, Where, When, and sometimes How.  Acroynms or abbreviations shoulkd not be used, because, some people may not know its meaning! Use the "Kings English" taught in school to explain what kind of help you need on this Community Forium

HP Recommended

my screen keeps giving me a prompt about my internal battery.  Can I get this replaced?

HP Recommended

Yes, the battery shelf-life has diminished, what model and your serial number, Fortunately there are Vendors selling batterie on the Internet, likewise, HP does too. Its your choice where to buy!

HP Recommended

My screen is saying the same thing. I ran the hard disk test it Failed and the memory test passed. But I dont know what to do know. PLEASE HELP!

HP Recommended
I never buy New Computers, as a hobby I upgrade and fix the 3 desk-tops that I have and I just refurbished or put in a replacement Intel 945GM motherboard in my 12.1 inch LCD Screen Notebook & having said that, I would need the make, model, year of your computer before I can tell specifically repair alternatives.
HP Recommended
Addendum: What I do is familarize myself with one class or model of computers, to include a Specific Maker of that machine, since 2003, thus I am able to research for parts, should this computer malfunction. Patrs are Hard Drives, Fans, DVD/CD Modules, Memory type such as..DDR 2, DDR3 & RAM capacity in that computer, Windows Operating System, Batteries, LCD Screen, Intel Processor to include others, type WiFi used to connect Laptop, etc, WWAN module inside its type used as a telephone connect to a Phone carrier, and Modems, which I used for faxing. Now, I say this, "I am not built to buy computers every two years", because of the malfunctioning that computer. If you have to seek Tech Support, ask and pay close attention on hoiw it was repaired. Manufacturers will be selling millions of computers, but not to me, be patient and I hope you get your computer up & running soon.
HP Recommended

@ionsves and gonzalezolga41

Hi,

If warranty on this notebook is still valid please contact with HP.

They will send you new HDD for free. How to do it?
Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

If warranty is not valid anymore then you will need to buy new HDD.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@sm1021

Hi,

It would be good to know the full error (I mean word by word) not only part of it.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Yes, because "One don't all", meaning, each years model differ a little in its characteristics. A lot of the Legacy Computers where easily self-repairable. However later models have become a liittle harder to troubleshoot, that's why we need more information about a particular computer
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.