Question

Honor Student
sunnyskoolof13
Message 1 of 9 (10,830 Views)
Accepted Solution

can't reinstall adobe flash player. error message "close brccmctl"?

i cannot reinstall my adobe flash player.  i get a message to close following programs, internet explorer and brccmctl.  i closed intern. exp. but i dont know what brccmctl is.  please help.  thn u

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 9 (10,826 Views)

Re: can't reinstall adobe flash player. error message "close brccmctl"?

[ Edited ]

sunnyskoolof13 wrote: i cannot reinstall my adobe flash player.  i get a message to close following programs, internet explorer and brccmctl.  i closed intern. exp. but i dont know what brccmctl is.  please help.  thn u

Hello sunnyskoolof13, Below is some information on the brccmctl file you list. You must have a Brother printer of other Brother device.

brccmctl.exe is a process from Brother Industries, Ltd.. It can be found in the location of C:\Program Files\brother\controlcenter3.

brccmctl.exe is a potential security risk which can be modified maliciously by spyware.

brccmctl.exe should be disabled and removed, if it was attacked and brought you brccmctl.exe error.

Just go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features, ( if using Windows 7) If using Windows XP, go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, and locate and remove this application.

If your Brother Device stops working, you may need to reinstall the application.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
djc2k4
Message 3 of 9 (10,156 Views)

I am unable to download the adobe flash player.  The error message tells me to close brccmctl. The task manager advises me that this program is closed, but when I attempt to try to install the flash player again, it gives me the same message.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 9 (10,129 Views)

Hello djc2k4,

You can try a few things

1. Check startup to see if the program launches on startup. If it does uncheck it. Reboot. Attempt to install Adobe again.

2. If it isn't or if the above fails try to install via safe mode. Boot into safe mode. Attempt to install Adobe.

3. If it doesn't work then uninstall the software completely and attempt to install Adobe flash.

To get into the startup folder

1. Click start

2. Type MSCONFIG

3. Navigate to startup tab

4. Look for the application brccmctl and uncheck it to tell the program to not launch on startup. Be sure to recheck this if it solves the issue and you need the program to start when the computer starts after you are done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
green13
Message 5 of 9 (7,910 Views)

Can't install adobe flash player need to close brccmctl can you tell me where to find this file please 

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 9 (7,892 Views)

@green13,

I understand Adobe Flash will not update due to brccmctl.

Have you tried HardBeatZ's suggestions to locate the program?  The program that brccmctl refers to is ControlCenter3 which is printing software for Brother's printers.

By chance, do you use a Brother printer?  If so, you can ensure that any brother process is ended in the task manager (right-click the task bar to get task manager).

The simplest option may be to temporarily disable the startup programs to update Adobe and then re-enable the startup prorams.  This can be done by going to start, searching for msconfig, opening this result, and unchecking the startup items.  Once Adobe is installed, go back to msconfig to enable the startup programs.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
Bob6R
Message 7 of 9 (6,178 Views)

Your information helped a lot!  Thank You!!

Top Student
Bob6R
Message 8 of 9 (6,046 Views)

I can't install Adobe Flash Player, I get a message that say's close brmcctcml, so what do I do to correct it?  Thank You for any help you can give me!  Sincerely, Bob Richards.

Top Student
Bob6R
Message 9 of 9 (6,045 Views)

Why can't I install Adobe Flash Player? It says close brmcctmcl and Internet Explorer, so what do I do?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation