Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Zepgal,

You can change the  user account type to Administrator in the control panel -> User Accounts.  Hopefully that will do it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else the issue would be.  I would contact HP directly.

HP Recommended

Kevin:

Can you please email me the latest driver?  I also have the HP SimpleSave md1000h external hard drive and have tried unsuccessfully to back up my files which is a real problem since I have had issues with my laptop and now need to send it back to HP for repair.  Can you or someone help?

Thank yo

HP Recommended

Hello:

Could you send me the latest software as well? I have the SimpleSave md1000h.

My last backup failed. The restore co. tells me it is a firmware problem...?

(Personal information removed by Moderator)

Thanks,

lebenz

HP Recommended

Go to page 2 of this string and the 3rd message contains a link that still works and has everything.

HP Recommended

All:

I did download but have tried now to back up and it still does not work.  I even let it back up 12 hours with no success and again yesterday.  It got to 2% and just stayed there for six hours.  I have decided to get a new external hard drive and get everything backed up.  I am now worried that I might lose all my data.

Thanks to everyone for all your quick responses and assistance.  I really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

There is one thing to keep in mind when using this zip file. This hard drive actually has a CD drive with it. The software belongs on the CD portion so it can autorun. Make sure that the zip file is extracted to the CD drive.

HP Recommended

I would be happy to receive software for HP SimpleSave md1000h External Hard Drive Thanks K Timms

HP Recommended
Thanks. But it is an .exe file and I'm on a Mac. I will try to locate my original disc.
HP Recommended

same as mine

HP Recommended

Unable to find software to reintall my HP Simplesave backup model md1000h. Can I still get it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.