Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Kevin. I have also been getting the runaround from HP trying to get a copy of the SimpleSave software and would be very appreciative if you could send me a copy.

Many thanks in advance,

Papacarlos

HP Recommended

I forgot to add, my email address is carloswhiley@gmail.com

Thanks again,

Papacarlos

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how many people on this thread are still needing the software, nor do I know how many more will request it.  I therefore decided to just upload the zip file in my Google Drive.  Here's the link:

[content removed]

HP Moderator, if this is not acceptable, please make this software available again on your website and make it easy-to-find.  

Thank you!

Kevin

HP Recommended

I really need this software also. I need to recover my md1500h.

HP Recommended

Hi Kevin.

I also have the hp mc1000h.  I've downloaded from your link and still can't get my HD to work.

I assume I've loaded it wrong.

Will you please supply instructions?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

P.S.

'this application must be launched directly from the original hp simplesave storage'

But, I can't get it directly into the simplesave storage.  I am unable to unzip the files directly into the HP drive.  Properties read the exe file as 'read only.'

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. For you and others, there is an update somewhere on the HP website. When I installed and first ran your file, it searched and found an incremental update and installed it. I am running my backup now. Great!

HP Recommended

Ken and Zepgal, the software I have is  for the md1000h.  It sounds like you have a different model, so I don't know if the software I have will work - you'll have to reach out to HP. Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be of help.

HP Recommended

Kevin, mine is the hp md1000h.

It won't work as I get a message that it has to be launched from the external drive.  However,  I can't install it there.  I might be able to do it as an administrator, but I don't know how to do that.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

When I try to save Kevin's link to the External, I get this dialog box:

You do not have permission to save in this directory.

See the administrator to obtain permission.

I have no idea how to set up the adminstrator.  It's a home laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.