Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I just recently got a Compaq Presario CQ57-339wm Laptop PC.

It has Win 7 HP 64bit installed.

I've upgraded the memory to 8gb.

Intel Celeron B800 1.5gb CPU

Intel HD Graphics.

And it has the New HM65 Chipset.

My question is this.

While I know it will not run High End Games.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get "FULL SCREEN GRAPHICS" when playing Simple Games like Empire Earth, Dungeon Lords, Solitaire, Chess, Build a Lot, etc?

On a laptop with Intel Graphics awhile back I could go into the Graphics Ctrl Panel and select the Stretch to Screen Size option and it would give me Full Screen Graphics.

BUT!!!

When I go into the Graphics Ctrl panel now I see NO such option.

What gives?

I don't expect it to run High end graphics but for crying out loud I should at least be able to enjoy a Full screen Size of 1366x768 instead of aspect ratio graphics.

Any help I'd be grateful...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again:

Since I hadn't got a respnse to my question, I thought I better go and fend for myself.

So I went on a Bing Search to find a solution to my Problem And I did....  It's real simple So i thought for those who maybe having the same problem I'd list my Solutrion that I found so here you are.

Intel Full Screen Gaming Fix.

To Fix Intel Scaling Glitch.

#1. Right Click on Desktop & Choose Screen Resolution.   And Change resolution to 1024x768.

#2. Goto Ctrl Panel Click on Intel Graphics & Media. Scaling Option will now be avalible, Select Stretch to Full Screen and Save.

#3. Again Right Click on Desktop. And change your Resolution back to Native Resolution, Click on Accept... Now you should be set for Full screen Graphics in Games.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi again:

Since I hadn't got a respnse to my question, I thought I better go and fend for myself.

So I went on a Bing Search to find a solution to my Problem And I did....  It's real simple So i thought for those who maybe having the same problem I'd list my Solutrion that I found so here you are.

Intel Full Screen Gaming Fix.

To Fix Intel Scaling Glitch.

#1. Right Click on Desktop & Choose Screen Resolution.   And Change resolution to 1024x768.

#2. Goto Ctrl Panel Click on Intel Graphics & Media. Scaling Option will now be avalible, Select Stretch to Full Screen and Save.

#3. Again Right Click on Desktop. And change your Resolution back to Native Resolution, Click on Accept... Now you should be set for Full screen Graphics in Games.

HP Recommended
I just Made this account To say Thanks because Its realy Works, Thanks Man
HP Recommended

DUDE IT PERFECTLY WORKED!!!!!THANK YOU

HP Recommended

Your are a genius!!! Thanks a million!!! It works!!! 

HP Recommended

THANKS A LOT MAN!!!!AND I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

HP Recommended
hey dude thnx i worked greatly i only registered here to thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Cheers! 😄

HP Recommended

Thanks Thanks a lot I find it on almost every top sites but finally i got the answer on this site Thanks a lot 

Thank you Sir Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

HP Recommended
Hope it works for my hp 2000 too I will be very grateful.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.