Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

So I have had this computer for a little over a year and a half and about 2 months ago my left hinge broke. I was out of the country studying abroad so there wasn't much I could do about it. After I got home I didnt have the time nor the money to fix it so I was just carefully opening and closing it. Well today when I opened it, the screen wouldn't light up. I really need to get it fixed fast because I am a full time college student and my classes depend on having a computer. What can I do? Oh I should say, it is not under the warranty anymore.

Help please?

72 REPLIES 72
HP Recommended

Hi destiny_sedwick,

Welcome to the HP forum!

I have notified the appropriate people of your hinge issue.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

05/09/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I've just had the same thing happen to my Envy ultrabook (UK - less than a couple of weeks out of warranty). I'm very disappointed with HP as this isn't the first HP i've had a similar thing happen to. I can't believe the part is just "glued".

Can you help Jeff as other than this issue I quite like the laptop?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

i've exactle the same problem.

laptop just out of warranty and both hinges have failed despite light use.

solutions appreciated please

(couldnt post on the big thread as its read only)

HP Recommended

Hi jamiem and sparky77..

The proper people have been notified of your issue.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

05/12/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

05/12/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I just had the same thing happen to my Envy M6. Is there any kind of recall or anything? This seems like a common problem and since it's out of warranty I really don't want to have to glue or try to fix it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

HI AK11,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Log into the forum. In the upper right corner you will note a small envelope. When you have messages a number will appear beside it.  Click on the envelope to display the messages.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.