Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I understand that WD40 will help with squeaking while printing, but I have no idea where to spray it and having someone say the head or whatever doesn't really help either.  Is this illustrated somewhere or is it explained somewhere specifically where to put the WD40?  Thanks.  It sounds like the TinMan!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Missyrocks , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are looking into squeaking noise.  I would like to help. 

I would advise against using WD-40.  It can cause more harm than good.

I would recommend performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also recommend following the steps in this document on A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Printer, and this document on A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Printer Control Panel.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.  I haven't done anything yet which is why I was asking.  I di, however, do the hard re-set.  Still squeaking like mad when printing.  There is no jam, there is nothing in there.  Again, it sounds like the tin man and sounds like it needs oil when printing anything. 

HP Recommended

Hi Missyrocks ,

It's possible there could be something physically wrong with a mechanism in the unit.  I would recommend contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Thank you.  Sheesh.  I've set up so many of these already.  They seem to have lots of problems. 😞

HP Recommended

My printer is out of warranty and after following the steps you provided, it still squeeks .  Mine squeeks when I'm scanning.  Is there nothing I can do while my printer is out of warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi, Guys! We have like a guhzillion of these where I work and guess what... THEY ALL EVENTUALLY SQUEAK. (Same thing as at my last job.)  

Don't be mad at the poor retired HP guy above (or at "Cloud Queen" who, at least as of 2015 "works [there]." Apparently HP has no fix for this and is too embarrassed (or too smart?!?) to tell their employees this. Poor employees couldn't promote their product if they knew. 

Ya know, it seems to me that they could still make more money just selling an HP oil product. 

Oh, well! Back to the Tin Man talking!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.