Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

sir

HP Laserjet 1020plus printer setup downlod

HP Recommended

Hi I hope you are having a great day and warm welcome to the community; 

Here are the drivers for  your printer HP Laserjet 1020. 

Hope it answer your question and get your printer working properly

Best of luck; 

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended
unable to download 64 bit driver.

HP Recommended
I was having same issue that the downloaded file from HP site would not install, it would freeze at the 'turn on/ plug in your printer mini screen' I followed some of the posts and did the following that worked: 1. downloaded the Vista driver. 2. do not install the down loaded zip - Extract file to a place you can locate in your computer such as a Download folder. 3. open Control panel, ' Devices and Printers' 4. right click on the Laserjet icon , click on Properties. 5. at Driver tab, update the driver. when it prompts, locate on driver on computer and install.
HP Recommended

Hi Jalo111 hope you are doing well and welcome to forum;

Thanks so much for singing in to share your workaround, hopefully you will become one to the experts in the community I will point out the workaround to other members. Again thank you.

Best of luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

I am unable to download the printer in my new laptop window 7 from printer CD HP Laser Jet 1020.

Regards.

T D Bhatia

HP Recommended

My computer  model is HP  p6-2020t. Would this work for my Window 7 ?  Also would this at all  affect any spooling?

HP Recommended

I hope you are having a great day,

1. Use this tool to install in windows 7 GO HERE it this did not install the printer successfully. go to step 2.

2. This steps worked for a other forum participant and are describe in this tread where specify by him, If you want Give it a TRY.              

I will summarize here;

1. Download the Vista driver 64 or 32 bits depending on your Oerating system.

2. Do not install the downloaded zip -

Extract file to a place you can locate in your computer such as a your DESKTOP or download folder. (Change the name to something that you will recognize. e.g. HP 1020 Driver)

3. open Control panel, ' Devices and Printers'

4. Right click on the Laserjet icon , click on Properties.

5. At Driver tab, update the driver. when it prompts, locate on driver on computer and install.  

I will definitely give this a try do not forget to create a restore point before staring.

1. Click on the Win button on the keyboard

2. Type sysdm.cpl.

3. Look for the System Protection TAb and your will see create restore point and them go a head and try. the steps mentioned  

Hope this helps;

RobertoR

HP Recommended

Can you put this in more simple form for computer dummies like me?    LOL   I purchased my computer 11/2011.  Thanks

This is where I get lost.....    

2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver

3. and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .

note. i did not run exe file.

Also I have a HP 1018

HP Recommended

Hello

I have installed the Win 7 drivers but the printer LJ 1020 wont print - here is my experience so far:

My Thread on here

Can anyone confirm that they have an LJ 1020 fully working with Win 7 64 ??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.