Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We are having an similar problem. 

We bought the hp laserjet pro 200 color mfp m276nw for our vacation home, and were able to install and use the printer/scanner within 45 minute. About 2 weeks ago, our home printer/scanner died, and so we thought we would buy the same hp laserjet pro 200 color mfp m276nw for home. I waited until my partner came home a few days later to lug it up to the office, and he installed it---but since the unpacking a few days ago, we are having scanning issues.

The printer function works wonderfully.

The problem is,  I can only scan and save to a USB stick.

What am I doing wrong?

I have disabled the firewall for de-reinstallation purposes. but i always bet a break in the installation process after printing the test page--it says please wait, and then for some reason it seems to get hung up.

I have also tried to install with a cable, and it still wont scan! the installation installs the desktop icon, but if i click on it, it says there is no connection to the scanner.

what can i do?

i appreciate your help in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello @castanna,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're encountering scanning issues when trying to scan from your Windows computer to your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I would like to work with you today with resolving this issue. Now I see that when you attempt to run the installation on your printer (for either Network or USB Cable connections) the installation seems to time out and go to a 'please wait' status. Because of this it would appear that the installation is never actually completing successfully which ultimately results in a scan communication error as the scanner has never been successfully installed. I am going to run you through some troubleshooting steps below to resolve this communication issue. However, I do need to know what Operating System you're using on your computer.

In the meantime, I am going to have you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool. This Tool will run on your computer and 'fix scanning' issues for you. Should any connection, driver, or software conflicts be detected than the HP Print and Scan Doctor will attempt to resolve those conflicts for you. Please click here to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Once the Tool has completed please test your scanning again to verify if the issue has been resolved.

Please respond to this post with the result of the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Should the issue persist be sure to let me know if anything fails during the 'fix scanning' process. Also be sure to include your Operating System. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This still isn't working, and we are really frustrated.

Our computers have, respectively, Windows 7, Windows 8 and OS x Yosemite.

In trying to run the diagnostic tool, i am asked to pick an app (windows 😎 to run it under....installed it, ran it, and the tool tells me I have no connection; shut down router, shut down printer, turn it all back on, wait 60 sec......NOTHING.. Odd, I can print via WLAN, but I have no connection.

What to do??

Please, I am slowly thinking this was a REALLY bad purchase.

Looking forward to your help soon.

Kind regards,

HP Recommended

Hey @castanna,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue. I'm sorry to hear that the Print and Scan Doctor Tool failed to resolve the scanning issue. Because your HP Laserjet is able to scan to a USB Stick without incident, the hardware portion of your All-in-One device is working.

• Just to confirm, are you having the scanning issue via USB and Network connections on the Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.10 systems?

It's crucial to note for troubleshooting as you indicate in your original post that 'there is no connection to the scanner' after installing via the USB Cable.

It would make sense if your printer was networked to the three computers that the router may be causing the scanning conflict. When you have a networked printer there are certain ports on your router that are configured for printing and certain ports that are configured for scanning. This is because printing only relies on one-way communication where scanning relies on two-way communication. Because the scanning issue is occuring on three systems than I would suggest altering the specific port settings on the router to allow for the two-way network communication that is required. However, the USB Cable connection would not have any router settings requirements as the connection is direct to the computer.

Here is the list of ports that must be opened on your router. If you're not sure how to check these than you may need to speak with your router manufacturer.

• Incoming (UDP) Ports:

137, 138, 161, 427

• Outgoing (TCP) Ports:

137, 139, 427, 9100, 9220, 9500

Also, please check the following settings on the router:

• Mac Filtering on router should be OFF
  • Firmware on router needs to be up-to-date
  • Firewall on router may need to be OFF for testing
  • Multicasting needs to be ON
  • Bonjour must be enabled
  • Devices must be connected to 2ghz band of network. If you have a dual band router printers are not supported on 5ghz connections.

Once these settings have been adjusted, please try scanning again.

Please respond with the result of adjusting the router settings. Should the issue persist, please let me know if the USB scan issue occured from one computer or all three systems. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello HP Support,

I'm having the same problem as Eric Duette had back in 2013. However, mine goes all the way until 99% and fails.  Here is my setup and situation:

-Windows 7 64 bit

-No HP SmartInsall running

-Downloaded driver from HP support site provided here

I have done 3 attempts now.  On the first two attempts, I tried without the HP SUpport Solutions Framework that the site provided to install. Then, installed this, rebooted and then ran the install again, no go.

Eric was talking about a "Firmeare" in his email thread.  Does anyone know which one this would be? I'm at a loss guys, please help.  Thank you in advance.

@Mrstenter wrote:

Hi Paul5150,

I understand you are having an issue with the software installing on your Windows 7 64 bit system for your HP Laserjet pro 200 color MFP m276nw.

Here is a link to HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows. The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7 and Windows 8 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Please feel free to contact me if you have other questions

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey there @pegasus2015,

Welcome to the thread! 🙂

I see that you are experiencing an install failure at 99% when installing your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw on your Windows 7 system. I'd like to assist you today with resolving this issue. Thanks for including  all of the troubleshooting that you have attempted prior to reaching out for support.

The Firmware Update that is currently available for your product can be downloaded by clicking here. This Firmware was released February 24th, 2015. It includes all of the previous fixes and enhancements that the prior Firmware packages contained. I suggest that you download this Firmware Update and follow the onscreen prompts to 'send' the Firmware to your printer. Once your Laserjet is confirmed as 'up to date' please run the install.

• Should the install fail again at 99%, can you respond with the exact error that you see? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and it wasn't solved by the above.

Error message translated from Danish:

Something in the installation tog to long. It’s a fatal error, which will prevent use of the product.

Restart your computer, and run the installation program again. Look at the website with product support for your product if the problem continues.

HP Recommended

Problem solved - Deleted all HP software and reinstalled.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.