Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Basically you will want to restore network defaults to change/remove the old SSID on the printer and then set it back up again.  What model printer do you have?  

On some models, you cannot set it back up if you have a Mac.  What operating system do you have?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

after installing a new router i can't change the SSID on my wireless printer (photosmart c4780) where do you find this on the actual printer?

HP Recommended

Restore network defaults on the front panel of the printer and then use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer again.  I tried to find a document to confirm these steps and could not so please let me know if this is not an option in the printer's menu for you and I will look more.

Oh - here I found it: 

--Unable to Connect to a Wireless Network--

Step four: Restore the printer's network default settings

Follow these steps to restore your product's network default settings.
Touch the ATM button ( ) next to Wireless / Scan .
Touch the ATM button ( ) next to Wireless Menu .
Touch the ATM button ( ) next to Wireless Settings .
Use the up and down ATM buttons ( ) to select Restore Network Defaults , and then press OK .
Touch the ATM button ( ) next to Yes to confirm your selection.

HP Recommended
I downloaded the installation for my hp jet set 3050 and am stuck at th wireless setup screen. It is asking me to connect my computer to the printer with a sub code. My printer does not have a usb connection. There is a warning sticker covering the only place anything can be connected that says No USB. Now what? It was working perfectly until I got a new über DDW365 wifi modem. Thanks for your help
HP Recommended
What operating system do you have?

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall/reinstall the printer software.

Let me know if that works.

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 7.  I have uninstalled all the HP software.  I have downloaded and reinstalled the HP DeskJet 3050 software.  It continues to tell me to connect printer to computer via USB cable.  This printer does not have a USB port. I have turned computer and printer on and off several times.  I have unpluged computer and printer several times. Nothing seems to work.  This printer has been connected to this computer in the past.  The only thing that changed is the modem. I went from internet throught the telephone to cable and bought the combination modem router from the cable company and had them install it. 

HP Recommended

how can i change the ssid on my wireless printer. new modem changed  can't print

HP Recommended

Go into the Tools on the printer itself and hopefully you have one of two options - first one I would try is "restore network defaults," but second is "factory reset." If it has ePrint the latter will reset that original email likely but otherwise that's the best method to getting it to forget. Lastly, if this printer has a wireless setup wizard, that should hopefully find the new router as well.

Let me know if that works for you or not.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have a Officejet Pro 8000 and am using a Mac (El Capitan). I have connected the printer with a USB cable and can print when connected that way. And when I push the wireless button to get the network report my old ssid is listed and network connection failed.

so I tried to use the printer utility to re-run the wireless setup and it doesn't show that option. It just says the printer is already set up! So I have no way to launch the wireless setup utility.

finally, many of the links provided in past answere to this question have expired. So any help would be appreciated

aerotech1

HP Recommended

@aerotech1 wrote:

I have the same problem. I have a Officejet Pro 8000 and am using a Mac (El Capitan). I have connected the printer with a USB cable and can print when connected that way. And when I push the wireless button to get the network report my old ssid is listed and network connection failed.

so I tried to use the printer utility to re-run the wireless setup and it doesn't show that option. It just says the printer is already set up! So I have no way to launch the wireless setup utility.

finally, many of the links provided in past answere to this question have expired. So any help would be appreciated

aerotech1

Simply reset the printer back to Network defaults and start again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.