Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have used the HP J4500 series printer on a home network for several years.  Suddenly the laptop can no longer find the printer.  I reinstalled the printer, but now I can not share it, I get error 0X0000007A when I try to allow sharing.

HP a6230n AMD 64X2 5600 2.80GHS 3GB ram 32-bit OS Vista

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey donline01,

This error code is usually an issue with the print spooler service of the Windows OS on your PC.  I would advise running the Microsoft Fixit tool that automatically detects and fixes printing issues.  Click on the link below and run the Microsoft utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/printing_problems/

As well, try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the PC.  To access the HP PSDR click here.

Let me know if this helps get the printer error to go away and allow you to share this printer.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks!  Will try.

HP Recommended

Tried both, neither found any problems.  Have removed and reinstalled it several times, using the original and downloaded software.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update on your issue, donline01.  I found a link to a microsoft support site discussing this error code when sharing a printer on Windows Vista.  Let me know if the information presented fixes your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/cant-enable-vista-printer-...

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks!  Will try again.

HP Recommended

Hey donline01,

I wanted to touch base and see how things were going with your printer sharing issue.  Was the link provided previously to the Microsoft answers webpage able to fix your issue with the 0x00000007a error?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that your issue is fixed successfully.

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hi jason

ive been following your ideas for donline01. ihave same prob.i,m running vista and loaded my printer and unable to printer share without getting same error code. i've tried your ideas and the suggestionsin latest link as well as endless reloading of drivers and shutting all firewalls antivirus etc.....

any other ideas................

please

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have noticed your post and would like to assist,

How are you sharing the printer? which steps are you taking? Also where are you seeing this error? On the front panel of the printer or on your computer screen? 

I work on behalf of HP. 

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.