Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is EXACTLY the problem that I have, and now on two different computers independently with each other. I just want the da&%#^*( mn thing to print !!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MajTomVNV 

Welcome to the HP Community --

@MajTomVNV wrote:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is EXACTLY the problem that I have, and now on two different computers independently with each other. I just want the <content removed> thing to print !!!!!!

The "1015" printer model I can find is an old LaserJet:

HP LaserJet 1015 Printer  

Even if you managed to find a "new" printer in a box, the model is barely suited to use in modern Windows.

?

Want to try again?

Different Printer model?

Perhaps explain what means "EXACTLY the problem" ?

For example,

Network?

Printer software?

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Typos . 8015e   or 8010 series. All running MS10 with all the current updates, MS and printer, no registry problems, I could go on, but anyone  (HP for starters) would recognize that the problems are starting with EasyStart. I understand that HP wants to make it easier for everyone, but it simply DOESNT WORK !  I spent over 30+ yrs with IBM as a systems engineer, have spent another working for local businesses on the MS platform, and I am a total committed HP fan, having at least  15 different hp printers, but this SW is a mess.

HP Recommended

I just want it to PRINT !

HP Recommended

Forget EASY, just provide the printer files needed and suffice with the whistles and bells

HP Recommended

@MajTomVNV 

OK -

I get it.

Unfortunately, the only software install package for this model is listed as the EasyStart software wrapper.

It should install the Full Driver when the full software is selected.

Yeah, but...

It's possible another Expert can help -

My personal success with EasyStart is limited.

What?

It seems that just as many times as it works, the wrapper / install software can twist itself into a tight little ball and dance away down the road. (Fails)

It does seem to help if the printer is assigned it's own manual / static IP address.

Is this the bitter end?

Maybe --  I cannot fix your side and I cannot make another installation package appear.

I'll try to tag someone in -- If there is a response, look for a message here.

==================================

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download / Save / (then) Install <<<

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software (Internet connection required for driver installation) 

When asked, opt for the Full Driver / Full Software to be installed.

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in. 

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP OfficeJet 8015e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @MajTomVNV,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To set up your HP LaserJet 1015e printer for printing, you typically need the following:

Printer Drivers: You can download the specific drivers for your HP LaserJet 1015e from the official HP website. Here's how to do it:

• Visit the HP Customer Support - https://support.hp.com/us-en
  • Enter your printer model, "HP LaserJet 1015e", in the search box.
  • Select the correct model from the list that appears.
  • Choose your computer's operating system to see the available software.
  • Download the necessary drivers (usually listed under 'Driver-Product Installation Software').

Setup Instructions: Alongside the drivers, it’s useful to refer to the setup instructions available on the same download page under 'Manuals' or a similar section to ensure proper installation.

Connectivity: Make sure your connections (whether USB or network) are secure between your printer and computer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @MajTomVNV,

I wanted to follow up to see if the issue was resolved?
If the issue is not resolved, I will look into this for you.  I will share the correct driver with you. Please help us with the Printer serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Rachel571 

HP Support 

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.