Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a charger for printer but it is a +22v charger. But when I checked on the printer it is a +30v. When I checked it's work or not. My printer is not working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Punia7455,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're trying to use a charger with a different voltage specification than what your printer requires. Here are a few key points to consider:

Voltage Compatibility: The voltage rating of a power supply (in this case, your charger) must match the voltage requirement of the device it powers. Your printer requires a +30V input, but the charger you are using provides only +22V. This discrepancy can result in the printer not receiving enough power to operate properly.

Potential Damage: Using a charger with a lower voltage than required might not immediately damage your printer, but it's generally not recommended because the device may attempt to draw more current to compensate for the lack of voltage, potentially leading to overheating and damage over time. Conversely, using a charger with a higher voltage than required can cause immediate damage.

HP Recommendations: Always refer to the printer's manual or HP recommendations for the correct power supply specifications. Using the recommended charger ensures that your printer receives the correct voltage and current, minimizing the risk of damage and ensuring proper functionality.

Finding the Right Charger: If you've lost or damaged the original printer charger, the best course of action is to obtain a replacement that matches the HP specifications for voltage, current, and connector type. These specifications are often found on the printer, in the user manual, or on the HP website.

Microsoft Windows 11 Tag: If your printer issue is related to connectivity or software on a Windows 11 computer, ensuring your printer is powered correctly is the first step. Once you've resolved the power supply issue, if you encounter problems installing or using the printer with Windows 11, you might need to download the latest drivers from the printer Hp  website or use Windows 11's built-in troubleshooting tools to resolve compatibility issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.