Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4380
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I was using my HP Photosmart C4380 connected to my home wi-fi, but few days ago I had to change wi-fi router and now I need to setup new network inside printer, but I don't remember how I did it and now I don't understand what I have to do.

I tried to enter in HP utility on My MacBook Pro (macOS 10.12 Sierra), with printer connected via usb cable, but I don't find how to do it.

Can you help me please?

Thank you so much and sorry for my not perfect English writing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As a Full Feature Software is not available for your printer for Sierra, the HP Software do not offer any wireless configuration utility.

You may workaround the software and connect via the EWS page by setting a temporary ad hoc connection as following:

1. Reset the wireless settings:
    1.JPG
  2. Turn the wireless radio on:
    2.JPG
  3. Restart the printer by turning it off and then back on.
  4. On your Mac, click the WiFi icon and select Join Other Network.
    Click Show Networks and connect to the hpsetup network.
    Note: if no hpsetup network appear, try restarting the printer and ensure that both the Mac and the printer are close to eachother, but not closer than 2 meters away.
  5. Open Safari, then click the top Safari menu and select Preferences
    Within the Advanced tab check both of the boxes next to Bonjour and close the window using the red X.
  6. Click the top Bookmarks menu and select Bonjour, then select your printer name.
  7. Open the  Network / Wireless tab and look for a Wireless Setup Wizard option.
    If there is no such select Advanced within teh Wireless (802.11) section and follow the steps on screen to select your SSID and set your network password.
  8. The blue wireless light on the printer should solid lit wonce confirming the changes, then return your Mac to your home network.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

As a Full Feature Software is not available for your printer for Sierra, the HP Software do not offer any wireless configuration utility.

You may workaround the software and connect via the EWS page by setting a temporary ad hoc connection as following:

1. Reset the wireless settings:
    1.JPG
  2. Turn the wireless radio on:
    2.JPG
  3. Restart the printer by turning it off and then back on.
  4. On your Mac, click the WiFi icon and select Join Other Network.
    Click Show Networks and connect to the hpsetup network.
    Note: if no hpsetup network appear, try restarting the printer and ensure that both the Mac and the printer are close to eachother, but not closer than 2 meters away.
  5. Open Safari, then click the top Safari menu and select Preferences
    Within the Advanced tab check both of the boxes next to Bonjour and close the window using the red X.
  6. Click the top Bookmarks menu and select Bonjour, then select your printer name.
  7. Open the  Network / Wireless tab and look for a Wireless Setup Wizard option.
    If there is no such select Advanced within teh Wireless (802.11) section and follow the steps on screen to select your SSID and set your network password.
  8. The blue wireless light on the printer should solid lit wonce confirming the changes, then return your Mac to your home network.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, now it works!

HP Recommended

I have am having much the same issue. I just replaced my router and have set it up identically to my previoius one. Same SSID name, password etc.... I have an HP 8500A Plus printer and have reset it numerous times to factory default and power cycled the printer. When I run the wireless setup wizard it sees my network without issue. However when I input the correct password it tells me Invalid:password. This is very frustrating because it was working without issue until I had to replace my router.

HP Recommended

Ehm...

Just now I noticed that issue is not completely fixed.

Printer work fine, but printer utility window is empty, without icons I can see if I connect printer via usb.

And, worst thing, I can't scan!

Via wi-fi this device looks just like a printer, not even a scanner; while, if I connect via usb, it is recognised as scanner, but software can't connect to scanner. So, in this moment, I can't scan in anyway.

Any suggestion about it?

Thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.