Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I'm trying to print a custom envelop (6.5" x 4.75") on my HP Color Laser Jet Pro M254dw. I've adjusted settings in Word on a MacBook Air. I think I need to get into the printer software to set the size. Envelope text prints out in the middle of an 8x10 paper. Only fragments of the text print on the envelope when placed in the tray or fed manually. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MadgeFord,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Update the firmware and drivers. Click here

To print a custom envelope size (6.5" x 4.75") on your HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw, you'll need to follow these steps:

Load Envelopes:

• Open the paper tray and adjust the paper guides to fit the envelope size.
  • Place the envelopes in the tray with the print side facing down and the flap on the left.

Adjust Printer Settings:

• Open the document you want to print.
  • Select File > Print.
  • Choose your HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw printer.
  • Click on Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup (the wording may vary depending on your application).
  • Look for an option like "Paper Size," "Media Type," or "Paper Source" and select "Custom" or enter the dimensions of your envelope (6.5" x 4.75").
  • Ensure that the orientation is set to "Portrait" or "Landscape" depending on how you want to print the envelope.
  • Click OK or Print to start printing.

Print Envelope:

• Place the envelope in the manual feed slot (if your printer has one) or in the main paper tray.
  • Adjust the paper guides to fit the envelope.
  • Print your document.

Adjust Printer Output:

• After printing, remove any remaining envelopes from the paper tray.
  • Adjust the paper guides back to their original position for regular paper printing.

If you encounter any issues or if the printer does not recognize the custom envelope size, contact phone support. They will help you via remote assistance. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.