Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2677 All-in-One Printer

It's been awhile since I used my printer. and I have forgotten my custom EWS credentials.

May I know if there is a way to reset it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @User04082022 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've forgotten the custom Embedded Web Server (EWS) password for your HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2677 printer, you can try resetting it to its default settings. 

Here's a general process to do so:

• Access the EWS: First, ensure that your printer is connected to your network and turned on. Then, open a web browser on a device connected to the same network and enter the printer's IP address in the address bar. The printer's IP address can usually be found by printing a network configuration page from the printer.
  • Login to EWS: When you access the printer's IP address via a web browser, you'll be prompted to enter your EWS username and password. Since you've forgotten the custom password, try using the default username and password, which is often "admin" for both the username and password. If this doesn't work, move to the next step.
  • Reset EWS Settings: If you can't log in with the default credentials, you'll need to perform a factory reset on the printer. To do this, find the reset button on your printer. It may be a physical button or accessible through a pinhole using a paperclip. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds until the printer restarts.
  • Reconfigure the Printer: Once the printer has restarted, you'll need to set it up again, including connecting it to your network. Follow the initial setup process, which usually involves selecting your language, connecting to your Wi-Fi network, and installing any necessary software on your computer.
  • Set New EWS Credentials: After the printer has been reconfigured, you can access the EWS again using the default username and password ("admin" for both). Once logged in, navigate to the security settings or administration section to set a new custom password for the EWS to something you can remember.

Refer to this document: Use the HP printer Embedded Web Server (EWS)

HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2677 All-in-One Printer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.