Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iMAC
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I can't  login to my HP account tp complete setup on my HP Deskjet Plus 4100 printer I get the error code

UA 400 EBOOOOUO100 then it logs me out.  Somehow I have to printers listed in the HP smart app and can't get pass this error message.  I've tried removing printer from app, uninstalling app and reinstalling smart app but nothing works.  Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@gg0923

If you have already tried reinstalling the HP Smart app, try installing the full-feature printer driver and check if that helps.

Click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

For assistance with first-time setup, click here

Let me know how it goes. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't open download you they you wanted me to run, states it a window product and I have a iMac, please advise next steps I'm unable to user my printer and all.

HP Recommended

@gg0923

Which version of macOS are you using?

This model printer is Airprint compatible. You may install the printer using the AirPrint driver

Check for any software updates on Mac

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. 

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer. 

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list. 

4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name. 

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add. 

Note: Select "Bonjour multifunction" under kind while installing.

Try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My MACOS is Big Sur 11.6, I checked it is newest version went through all the steps you request and can't print from the HP Smart App its asking me to signin and when I try it give me the error message UA 400 EBOOOUO100 and states can't open EWS setting and logs me out.  I the smart app I have two HP DeskJet Plus 4100  printers listed and both showing status unknown I only have one printer  Where do I go from here? Ive only had this printer for a year any help appreciated.

Thanks 

Glenda

HP Recommended

@gg0923

The steps I have mentioned in my previous post is to use the Airprint driver to print and not the HP Smart app.

Did you try printing using the AirPrint driver?

If the issue persists with the HP Smart app, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.