Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer was fine until "Windows10 update 1607" was downloaded on my desktop a few days ago. Now everytime I try to print anything for my computer; Status reports  "Error-Printing."  I've ran the trouble shooter print a test page, I printed a diagnostic report from the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Everything appears to be fine, But it's still reporting an error-printing. So now I'm re-printing a document, it say "now printing" on the device, but it's printing very, very, slow, 10 minutes and it's still printing the first page. What can I do to fix this problem?

Your help in this matter is deeply appreciated!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @BeeAnn🙂

I saw your post about the slow printing issue and wanted to make some of my own suggestions.

You can try the following:

1. Reset the printer and restart the computer. Ensure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet.

Turn the printer on.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the unit.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 15 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the unit.

If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

2. Run the Print and Scan Dr.

3. Try making copies to see if they are also slow. If they are, then this is showing us there is a hardware issue with the printer.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and software.

Let me know how you make out!:)

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @BeeAnn🙂

I saw your post about the slow printing issue and wanted to make some of my own suggestions.

You can try the following:

1. Reset the printer and restart the computer. Ensure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet.

Turn the printer on.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the unit.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 15 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the unit.

If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

2. Run the Print and Scan Dr.

3. Try making copies to see if they are also slow. If they are, then this is showing us there is a hardware issue with the printer.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and software.

Let me know how you make out!:)

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you! @Rainbow7000

I followed instructions 1 & 2, It worked like a charm...

You're the BEST!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.