Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8025E
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had an Officejet Pro 8610 printer for the last 7 years. It just had a printhead failure. I decided to get a new printer. I have a new Officejet pro 8025E. I have a few questions. How do I delete the 8610 and add the 8025? The meager instructions in the box talk about using wireless, but I want to connect via ethernet. The instructions also say to use Home Smart to do the installation. But I don't see anything in Home Smart about exchanging a new printer for an existing printer. Any advice about where to find coherent  instructions.

Regards, Jim

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

OK, after some fumbling, I managed to get my new printer installed and working. Just one remaining item. The setup connected the printer to my network via wifi.  I would rather connect it via ethernet as my old printer was. The new printer has two ethernet ports with different ID icons. I don't know which port to use, and I would like instructions about how to complete the change from wifi to ethernet.

Regards, Jim    

HP Recommended

Easiest method to change to wired either net is to do this: on your computer go to control panel>devices and printers and then right click on the icon for your printer and select "printer properties" Select the ports tab and click on the button for add new port and select port type as "standard TCP/IP" and follow through the steps. The IP address you use will be the one that shows up on the printer once you connect an ethernet cord.  I would suggest that you either reserve that IP address for your printer through your router or assign the address in static (manual) mode on the printer. This will ensure that the printer is always on the same port and avoids printer offline messages.

As a note, if on your original printer you use an install CD or install file, then you can uninstall by going to control panel>programs and features and find the old printer software and click  uninstall.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! The 8025 printer has two ethernet ports. Each has a different icon that I can't read.  Any idea which port to use?

Regards, Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.