Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Have used printer flawlessly until today.   Suddenly getting message :  Stopped - Filter failed.  Tried to reinstall print driver software but this didn't work.  Get message:  Printer "ready, but s

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Similar experience...I had/have a wireless HP Officejet 6000 E609n Series running on a 2014 Macbook Air running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 .  Today I started getting message HP Frameworks would damage my system.  Deleted offending file with help from Apple so system would work.  Then when tried to print "inkjet" file was identified as threat and wouldn't print .   Reloaded drivers from HP twice but continuing problem is "Filter failed" in printer message.  I seem to be totally locked out of access to printer and unable to print.  Apple points to HP to fix.  It sounds like many others are in same situation.  I am not sure what trigger the collapse of a very stable wireless printing setup but desperate need a fix.

HP Recommended

Trying to update but getting "certificate expired" message on driver....Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.51.52 PM.png

HP Recommended

Dear VASteve,

Thanks so much!  At least I can take some comfort that I'm not the only person struggling with this.   

HP Recommended

I loaded up the HP Smart app to my iPad Pro last night and it prints fine.  Nothing wrong with the printer (so wouldn’t throw it out yet). I am guessing the Apple iOS update and HP certificate being out of date are producing  conflict. HP likely needs to update to keep up with Apple security.  I loaded Apple’s hp printer update but still have filter failed error. We have lots of company. Very sad and frustrating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.