Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have an HP C4700 All-in-One Printer.  I have literal no computer knowledge.  We installed a new router which came with a password so I had to change all the devices.  The printer went off line.  I tried to fix it like people said.  No options like they said came up.  I was told uninstall it and install it.  I tried.  The disc only comes up with exit.  I thought I unistalled the printer but it is still listed.  I emptied trash and restarted the laptop.  I use the printer wirelessly.  I dont know what to do.  I do not want to continue unistalling programs and uninstall something important to the laptop.  Its a good laptop.  Scared and need help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @HPBearLax,

In my previous post I linked documents that offer instructions on how to set up you printer for wireless. This includes instructions on how to change from a USB connection to a wireless connection, as well as some wireless connection troubleshooting steps.

Please try out these steps and let me know if they you are able to successfully connect top your wireless network.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I downloaded from the hp site the disc basically.  But. My printer only works if I use it with a usb cord. How do I make it wireless? 

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @HPBearLax,

I understand you are having trouble setting up wireless on your HP Photosmart C4700. I will be happy to help.

Below, I have posted a link to a couple links to documents that offer some troubleshooting solutions to this issue. Please try out all of the steps, in order and get back to me with the results. 

HP Photosmart C4700 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

HP Photosmart C4700 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (OS X)

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi.  Im sorry.  I have zero computer knowledge.  Saturday morning, I printed fine.  We hooked up a new router at night, at that point the printer went to offline.  I tried everything I was told to do.  I thought I deleted the printer to start over.  I went on HP, downloaded the install disc for th printer because the disc only gave exit as an option.  The printer works only if it is connected to the USB cord to my laptop.  I had it wirelessly working Saturday morning now it is not even listed unless connected to USB cord.  Which is more than before. I did look at the videos but we have a router.  My laptop works great. I am just trying to reinstall the printer to wirelessly.

HP Recommended

Hi @HPBearLax,

In my previous post I linked documents that offer instructions on how to set up you printer for wireless. This includes instructions on how to change from a USB connection to a wireless connection, as well as some wireless connection troubleshooting steps.

Please try out these steps and let me know if they you are able to successfully connect top your wireless network.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @                      

Thought I posted this, but never saw it. 

After about 45 mintues I was able to go from USB to Wirless.  I found the right link this time  and downloaded the "disc".  It had the option this time to go from USB to WIreless.  All this because we installed a new router.

Thank you soooooooo much for your time, help, and patience.  I was getting so mad and frustrated because I could not figure it out.  Thank you sooooo much.  I love my HP printer and lap tiop..  Thank you again! I appreciate it!

HP Recommended

The links that should help trouble shoot connecting the Mac to a wireless network no longer works. Can someone type in the directions please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.