Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M110w Printer

HP Smart doesn't install (surprisingly). The Store Installer is listed in the Task Manager but only with some 2% CPU load ... ?

Solved!

The HP Smart Installer didn't work on this PC but the direct download via Windows Store ...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Habii,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Try these steps.. 

Turn on the printer. Press the blinking button, it will print the Printer status information. Find out IP Address and go to it using a browser. It should open the HP LaserJet M110w menu. 

Go to System/Service and do Restore defaults. When asked, use the Username and PIN that are under the top cover of the printer.  

After that, uninstall HP Smart from your PC/laptop and do the entire Setup again at 123.hp.com. Never connect the printer to USB!

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.