Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I am using a MacBook Pro with iOS Sonoma 14.2.1.  Just added HP DeskJet 2823e. After setting up the printer connecting via WiFi, using HP Smart, I am unable to print documents from Pages and Numbers using HP Smart 'print document' function. It can print photos, pdf files etc. in colour that are stored on my MacBook.

For documents from Pages and Numbers, I can print them directly with the print function key but only in black & white. When I print an email (from Yahoo and **bleep**), it can be printed but in black & white only.

Did I miss a set-up steps along the way? or I need to do some reconfiguration?

Sorry, I am not a tech person, just an ordinary folk that know how to follow instructions. Any guidance is appreciated.

Please note I have no printing issues with my old HP DeskJet 1510 printer which was connected using USB cable.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 4.34.18 PM.png

 Above is a screen shot showing it can print b&w only

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@michigan728 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Disclaimer:

I do not have any MacOS devices in my collection - we do have Windows, Linux, and iOS devices.

Unless HP Smart is a different app in Mac OS than in other devices, the app is likely not intended to be used with Pages or other programs that require a different type of print software.

HP Smart typically supports PDF and Photos / Images for print and scan.

Worse -- Software and Drivers does not show other than the HP Smart app for MacOS 14.x

If your Operating System includes any other print software that can be used with Pages / Numbers, try that.

There might also be something in the app store for your OS.

HP Smart for Mac

HP Smart – MacOS Desktop – Mac Apple Store

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

HP DeskJet 2823e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@michigan728 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Disclaimer:

I do not have any MacOS devices in my collection - we do have Windows, Linux, and iOS devices.

Unless HP Smart is a different app in Mac OS than in other devices, the app is likely not intended to be used with Pages or other programs that require a different type of print software.

HP Smart typically supports PDF and Photos / Images for print and scan.

Worse -- Software and Drivers does not show other than the HP Smart app for MacOS 14.x

If your Operating System includes any other print software that can be used with Pages / Numbers, try that.

There might also be something in the app store for your OS.

HP Smart for Mac

HP Smart – MacOS Desktop – Mac Apple Store

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

HP DeskJet 2823e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.