Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have OfficeJet 5255. I lost the little app on my PC, (doing a restore), that allowed me to print, scan, check ink, etc. I lost my install disk so I can't recover it.  I can print, scan from the printer, but it was so much easier from my PC. How can I get that little app back on my PC again? I think it was called--HP Smart. Sorry I can't offer more info, but I don't know what to call it, and I'm not teck savvy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jimboV,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Well! No problem! You can easily reinstall the HP Smart app on your PC to regain the functionality you had before. 

Here's how you can do it:

• Download HP Smart: Go to the official HP website and search for "HP Smart" in the search bar. Alternatively, you can directly go to the HP Smart download page. Make sure you download the version compatible with your operating system (in your case, Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit).
  • Install HP Smart: Once downloaded, locate the downloaded file (usually in your Downloads folder) and double-click on it to start the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP Smart app on your PC.
  • Setup HP Smart: After installation, launch the HP Smart app. It will guide you through the setup process, including adding your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer. Follow the prompts to connect your printer to your PC.
  • Enjoy Printing and Scanning: Once the setup is complete, you should have all the functionality back on your PC, allowing you to print, scan, check ink levels, and perform other tasks easily.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer User Manual

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Wow!!! All the help! Don't come here with a problem🤔

HP Recommended

Hi @jimboV,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Well! No problem! You can easily reinstall the HP Smart app on your PC to regain the functionality you had before. 

Here's how you can do it:

• Download HP Smart: Go to the official HP website and search for "HP Smart" in the search bar. Alternatively, you can directly go to the HP Smart download page. Make sure you download the version compatible with your operating system (in your case, Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit).
  • Install HP Smart: Once downloaded, locate the downloaded file (usually in your Downloads folder) and double-click on it to start the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP Smart app on your PC.
  • Setup HP Smart: After installation, launch the HP Smart app. It will guide you through the setup process, including adding your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer. Follow the prompts to connect your printer to your PC.
  • Enjoy Printing and Scanning: Once the setup is complete, you should have all the functionality back on your PC, allowing you to print, scan, check ink levels, and perform other tasks easily.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer User Manual

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you Gaya1239 for your response. As it turned out, I was able to somehow download the HP Smart from the Micro Soft store. I forgot all the stepss I had to go thru, but I was able to get it back. I will definately copy your directions for further reinstallment in the future, as they seem simpler than the process I went through.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

HI @jimboV,

That's great! I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution and Kudos, Thumbs Up buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.