Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M234sdw
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to get into the support section of the portal.  It asks me to add the serial number of my printer.  When I do it says it needs the product number as well.  When I do that it still doesn't accept it.  I have kept trying but I don't know how to proceed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Salamy22,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to deal with those input issues on the HP site. Let’s go through a few steps to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem:

Check the Numbers: Double-check the serial and product numbers for any possible errors. Serial numbers and product numbers can be easy to misread, especially if the font is small or unclear. Confirm there are no mistakes like confusing 0 (zero) with O (the letter), or 1 (one) with I (the letter), etc.

Input Format: Ensure that you are entering the numbers in the correct format required by the website. Some forms may require dashes or spaces in specific places.

Use Different Browsers: Sometimes, issues can arise from the browser you are using. Try accessing the HP support site using a different web browser, or clear your current browser's cache and cookies before trying again.

Turn Off Browser Extensions: Some browser extensions (like ad blockers or script blockers) can interfere with website functionality. Try disabling these extensions and see if that helps.

Update Your Browser: Make sure your browser is up-to-date as older versions might have compatibility issues with newer website technologies.

This link will help you to get the product number:  Click here

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16 

You can also share your query here and we will check on it to help you.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.