Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp DeskJet 2630
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have just purchased an HP DeskJet 2630 and am attempting to link it to my Mac - OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

When I attempt to open the download as provided by HP via 123.hp.com the following message appears:-

The file "HP-Easy-start-app. download" doesn't appear to be a valid download file.

I can find no other way of accessing the software download to enable my printer to work via my computer.

Please can someone help??  TIA 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SarahMarshall-1

I would guess that Mac OS has some method of opening a Zip file, though I suppose it is different from the software used for that purpose on Windows.

Maybe try a different / newer version of the Zip file "opening" software?

From what I can find on the net, Mac supports both a built-in zip software likely supports Winzip Mac Edition.  Note that this is observation only - I don't have a Mac and cannot test / verify the information for you.

Try a different browser?  I know from limited experience using Safari in my iPad Pro that the browser does some odd things on occasion.  I suppose it is possible the file is being corrupted (scrunched) in some way.  ??

Edits - Request for help withdrawn - "Fix" is to download and use WinZip for Mac Edition.

@ShlomiL  Words of wisdom?  Is this the issue that requires the OP to remove a previous version of the setup, throw the uninstalled bit in the Trash, and then try the download again?  Sorry for the confusion - At the moment  I've  not found my notes on the subject...Thanks!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SarahMarshall-1

You could try pulling the zip file from the Website Support page:

HP DeskJet 2630 HP Easy Start

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer

Reminder:  Check the Software and Drivers Website page for Drivers and Firmware updates for your printer.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  

I have just tried this link.  It apears to download the same as from 123.hp.com,  but comes up with the same error message when attempting to open.

Any other ideas? TIA

HP Recommended

@SarahMarshall-1

I would guess that Mac OS has some method of opening a Zip file, though I suppose it is different from the software used for that purpose on Windows.

Maybe try a different / newer version of the Zip file "opening" software?

From what I can find on the net, Mac supports both a built-in zip software likely supports Winzip Mac Edition.  Note that this is observation only - I don't have a Mac and cannot test / verify the information for you.

Try a different browser?  I know from limited experience using Safari in my iPad Pro that the browser does some odd things on occasion.  I suppose it is possible the file is being corrupted (scrunched) in some way.  ??

Edits - Request for help withdrawn - "Fix" is to download and use WinZip for Mac Edition.

@ShlomiL  Words of wisdom?  Is this the issue that requires the OP to remove a previous version of the setup, throw the uninstalled bit in the Trash, and then try the download again?  Sorry for the confusion - At the moment  I've  not found my notes on the subject...Thanks!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This has been the perfect advice.  I downloaded the Winzip MAC software, then dragged one of the (many) attempted HP software downloads to the win zip app.  It then reconfirured and allowed me to open the document.

Thank you so much for your advice.

I am now officially printing!!

HP Recommended

@SarahMarshall-1

Excellent - You are welcome.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.