Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8725
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am getting windows opening-up that say:  HP software will damage my computer, ‘report malware to apple computer’    

The two messages are/were:

product improvement study.hp task    

hpdevicemonitoring.framework  

I have been unable to delete these warning windows.

I am also not able to print to my Officejet pro 8725 printer from my iMac,

(which is displaying these messages)   but I AM able to print to this same printer from an iPad (which has not displayed these messages)   

I am getting windows opening-up that say:  HP software will damage my computer, ‘report malware to apple computer’    

The two messages are/were:

product improvement study.hp task    

hpdevicemonitoring.framework  

I have been unable to delete these warning windows.

I am also not able to print to my Officejet pro 8725 printer from my iMac,

(which is displaying these messages)   but I AM able to print to this same printer from an iPad (which has not displayed these messages).   Mac OS=Catalina V10.15.7

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the HP Uninstaller to uninstall the current HP software.

Once completing the uninstall, reinstall the printer using HP Easy Start and check for any difference.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on iMac running OS 10.15.7 and HP Officejet Pro 8600.

I have downloaded both HP Uninstall and HP Easy Start in attempt to start resolving  this problem. Neither of these programs (Uninstall or Easy Start) work... they merely "bounce" in dock and when they settle down, they do nothing: No information... just nothing!

Where might I receive guidance?

HP Recommended

I had previously deleted  HP SMART  software (but not using an uninstaller)  and downloaded and re-installed it, with no improvement.   I did not have an HP uninstaller, and saw no way to uninstall HP software from the  HP smart software.   I could not find or download an HP   Easy START app,  but only the the HP Smart app.  So,   I went about manually deleting system files related to the HP software and went back to 123.hp.com/setup , and downloaded  the essential software and HP easy scan.  Interestingly this time HP Easy Start  appeared,  and I was successful in setting up the printer.  I still have no idea where an  'uninstall' ability is available, or why previously I could only download and install  HP Smart software (which wouldn't work),  yet eventually ended up getting  HP Easy Start when I downloaded and installed. successfully.

thank you for your suggestion

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.