Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M203dw Printer

I need step-by-step help setting up my HP Laser Jet Pro M203dw printer to my show in my printer options on my laptop

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PC246,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you need help setting up my HP Laser Jet Pro M203dw printer to my Laptop

Sure, I'd be happy to help you set up your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer with your laptop.

Here's a step-by-step guide:

• Unboxing: Unbox your printer and remove all the protective tapes and materials.
  • Power on the Printer: Plug in your printer to a power source and turn it on by pressing the power button.
  • Connect to Wi-Fi: The HP LaserJet Pro M203dw supports wireless connectivity. On the printer's control panel, navigate to the Wireless menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network. Make sure your laptop is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Download and Install Drivers: Visit the HP support website (https://support.hp.com/) on your laptop. Enter your printer model (HP LaserJet Pro M203dw) and select your operating system (Windows or macOS). Download the latest drivers and software package.
  • Run the Installer: Once the download is complete, run the installer file. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers and software on your laptop.
  • Choose Connection Type: During the installation process, you'll be prompted to choose the connection type. Select "Wireless" since you're connecting the printer wirelessly to your laptop.
  • Complete Installation: Follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation. This may involve configuring printer settings and adding the printer to your list of devices.
  • Test Print: After the installation is complete, try printing a test page from your laptop to ensure that the printer is set up correctly.
  • Set as Default Printer: If you want to make this printer your default printer, go to your laptop's settings and select "Devices" or "Printers & Scanners." Find your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw printer in the list of devices, and set it as the default printer.

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet Pro M203dw Printer User manual

HP LaserJet Pro M203dw Printer Setup
HP printer setup (Wi-Fi Direct)

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver)

HP printer setup (USB cable)

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.