Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer

Hello its impossible to install my printer deskjet F4180 on my new computer. The printer driver is not disponible and the deskjet printer is not found in the HP Smart. Please could you help me to install my printer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @davigati,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing an issue with your printer installation issue. Let's try a few steps to see if we can get your HP Deskjet F4180 installed on your new computer:

• Check Compatibility: Make sure that your printer is compatible with your computer's operating system. You can usually find this information on the HP website or in the printer's documentation.
  • Download Drivers: Go to the HP support website and search for the drivers for the Deskjet F4180 compatible with your operating system. Download and install the drivers. Software and Drivers for HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer
  • Connect Printer: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer via USB cable or through a network connection if it's a network printer.
  • Restart: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer and the printer can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Device Manager: Open the Device Manager on your computer and check if the printer is recognized under "Printers" or if there are any unidentified devices. If there are any unidentified devices, try updating their drivers.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a tool called "HP Print and Scan Doctor" which can help diagnose and resolve printer connection issues. Download and run this tool to see if it can detect and fix any problems with your printer.
  • Manual Installation: If the automatic installation fails, you can try manually adding the printer through your computer's settings. Go to "Settings" > "Devices" > "Printers & scanners" (or a similar option depending on your operating system) and click on "Add a printer or scanner". Follow the prompts to manually install your printer.
  • Check for Updates: Make sure your computer's operating system is up to date, as well as any relevant printer software updates.

Refer to this document: HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your reply to help me install my printer Desjet F4180! I've already done all these operations several times and the driver remains unavailable with Windows 11 on my new computer. With HP Smart, my printer is not recognized and when I manually install it and follow each step of the installation, in the drop-down menu with all the printers recognized it HP Desjet 3540 series class driver and then it switches to HP Deskjet 4510 driver. HP desjet F4180 is not in the list. 

When I download HP Print and Scan Doctor, microsoft store refuses to install it because it is not a secure software. 

Windows Update is up-to-date.

Thanks!

Davi

HP Recommended

Hi @davigati ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.