Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. Product Name and Number
• HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Windows 10 64-bit
3. Error
• HP install software will detect printer but will freeze at 99% after around 20 mins preventing install of required drivers.

• ERROR MSG: An install operation took too long to execute. This is a fatal error preventing product use. Please restart computer, and run this installer again. If the problem persists, please check the product support website for your product.

• HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn shows in printers and scanners but with "driver is unavailable" no option to manually install driver.

• restarts/reintalls result in same error. Have tried two USB cables. USB 3.0 slot and 2.0. USB setting on printer set to full. with the smart install printer setting on and off all with same error.

• Please refer to jpeg photo of error attached.

I have wasted many hours trying to get this going. Your assistance is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Chris

HP ERROR.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@cmann110,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues installing the printer on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then install it and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks The_Fossette, Unfortunatley this did not work. Same 99% timeout.

HP Recommended

@cmann110,

Let's try adding the printer using IP address -

1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.

2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.

3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.

4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.

5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.

6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.

7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel. 

8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette, I receive the below error when trying to install via network (LAN):

Picture1.jpg

Picture3.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help to date. Very frustrating as the printer installed fine with windows 7. Is it possible HP have not updated software so the printer can be used with windows 10? Its not listed on the below windows 10 compatible printers:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m127-series/5396666/model/5303415/document/...

HP Recommended

@cmann110,

The printer connected to your router?

I checked and see that your printer is compatible with Windows 10.

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer and then install the printer and check.

Follow the steps in the below article to create a new user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried install on an new profile with the same 99% result. Like I said earlier the only change is upgrading OS from win 7 to win 10, exact same hardware.  I have spent too much time on this. Something as basic as installing a driver should not be so complicated.  I am sure the problem lies in HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn HP Install Software not being properly configured for win 10. I appreciate your help, if you could pass on my comments and know that my next printer will not be an HP, nor other hardware from here on inwards.

HP Recommended

@cmann110,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sooooo, gave up on MFP127FN due to being outside of warranty. As the was no suitable replacemnt with other brands I hesitantly went with another HP... receiving the below errors with the new MFP M148dw:

cmann110_0-1583021238528.png

cmann110_1-1583021246574.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.