Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

laserjet pro mfp m130 nw when scanning it prints fine however when printing form computer it give a print error message. It is hooked up by usb connection and is seen by the computer 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Artty_N ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw is scanning fine but encountering printing errors when connected via USB to a Windows 10 computer, there could be several potential issues causing this problem. 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Restart Both Printer and Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Printer Connection: Ensure that the USB cable is securely connected to both the printer and the computer. Try using a different USB cable or a different USB port on your computer.
  • Printer Driver: Make sure you have the correct and up-to-date printer driver installed on your computer. You can download the latest driver from the HP website.
  • Printer Queue: Clear any pending print jobs from the print queue. Sometimes, a stuck print job can cause printing errors.
  • Windows Print Troubleshooter: Run the Windows Print Troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix printing problems. You can find it by typing "Troubleshoot" in the Windows search bar and selecting "Troubleshoot settings."
  • Printer Settings: Check the printer settings on your computer to ensure that the correct printer is selected and that it's set as the default printer.
  • Driver Reinstallation: Uninstall the printer driver from your computer and then reinstall it. To uninstall the driver, go to "Devices and Printers" in the Control Panel, right-click on your printer, and select "Remove device." Then reinstall the driver using the latest version downloaded from the HP website.
  • Firewall/Antivirus: Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and try printing again. Sometimes, security software can interfere with printer communications.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system is up-to-date. Install any pending updates and try printing again.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a free diagnostic tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can help identify and resolve printing and scanning issues. You can download it from the HP website and run it to diagnose any problems with your printer.

Refer to this document: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

All of the suggestions you made have already been tried. However | did try them again and I still get the same results "Printer failure" if error repeats turn off and on. I have done all this many times your product still will not print. I am not a happy customer. I really want this fixed!

HP Recommended

Hi @Artty_N ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.