Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Printer
Other

Trying to pair new printer with HP admin and fails every time.  I've contacted support twice with 0 success, they had me exchange the printer and I get the same issue with the second one.  I've tried creating a new HP Smart admin account, tried pairing with personal account.  Factory reset a dozen times, every time it generates the pairing code, printer display says 'pairing printer with account...' and never ends.  I've left the printer overnight, unplugged it, etc... and the display won't go back to the menu.  I've had to do a factory reset and try again with the same result.  I've tried manual pairing, initial install pairing and using the HP easy start pro app.  The app gets to 'connecting' and times out after about 2 minutes with Error Code: UA_408_STAG00003_VD.

This cloud service is ridiculous, there's obviously an issue with the servers, I've seen multiple postings here with this same issue.  I just want to enroll in instant ink service, I don't want or need cloud based admin.  How do I get this issue resolved?  I've used/purchased HP printers for 30+ years and I've never had this much trouble with basic install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.