Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchases an HP 9120 officejet printer.   I have had several officejet printers and have always used the Schedule off and on function --- it has always worked perfectly.

The schedule off function works properly on my 9120 but unfortunately the schedule on function does not.   So my printer turns off in the evening (per its schedule) but does NOT turn on in the morning (as the schedule requests).

Has anyone encourntered this issue?    

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DHersk ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand how frustrating this could be when the scheduled function isn't working as expected on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 printer. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, firmware updates address issues with scheduled tasks and improve functionality. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Printer Settings: Verify that the scheduled on feature is enabled and properly configured in the printer settings. Double-check the time settings to ensure they are accurate.
  • Power Source: Ensure that the printer is connected to a power source that remains active even when the printer is turned off. Some power strips or outlets may cut power completely when turned off, preventing the scheduled on feature from working.
  • Network Connectivity: Make sure that your printer is connected to your network properly and that the network connection remains stable. Issues with network connectivity can prevent scheduled tasks from being executed.
  • Reset Printer: Try performing a factory reset on your printer to see if it resolves the issue. Be aware that this will reset all settings on your printer, so you may need to reconfigure other settings afterward.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.