Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016). I had HP Smart installed and working fine. But I got a notice that Chrome had an update available. But I coul'nt update it unless I uninstalled some apps. to have enough memory for the update.  I've had to do this before and after a Chrome updatye I usually just reinstalled the apps removed to update chrome. But now when I go to the "Playstore" and type in "HP Smart", it says "Looking for HP Smart? This app wont work on your system. What's going on? It was installed and working fine before I temporarily installed it just to get the Chrome browser updated. Can I download it and install "HP Smart" agin from HP directly or somewhere else?  As I use it all the time to see info on my HP Officejet Pro 8025. What can I do to re-install HP Smart on this Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Those ideas were all great suggestions but did'nt resolve the issue. This is a 2016 Samsung tablet with an older opperating system that can not go any higher than the opperating version with which it was shipped. So many of the upgraded apps won't even show a download for these older Tablets any longer. As the latest vesions of certain apps will only work on newer andreoid opperating systems. So once I updated Chrome the only resolution was to go to a website named uptodown.com and download an older and older version of HP Smart until I got back to a late 2021 verson which would reinstall and work fine. I had to do this on another 3 apps that alsio would no longer work unless I then put in 2021 0r 2022 versions of those apps as well. I don't know why just updating Chrome makes the "Play Store" NOT offer the older versions of apps like HP Smart and Malwarebytes Free and others but it will just say this version is NOT compatable with your system.  so if an older verion downloaded from uptodown.com version still won't work it will just say "Trouble parsing the app". If that happens delete that download and go back and keep getting the previous version until it works. The web site "uptodown.com" is a great place to find virus free older versions of many popular apps that got updated over time. And it won't infect your android devise with malware or viruses.  Just try to think back to how long you've you may have had the app you temporarily deleated and then subscribe "free" to "uptodown.com" and try to get the older app back. It resolved my issue on multiple apps I deleated just to have enough space to update chrome. Then once I found the older other apps again they all reinstalled and worked just fine again.  I few I had to try many times to get one old enough to work with my older android opperating system....but eventually I did and they are all back and working as before just fine. Hope this info helps you to help others or others who read this post. ISSUE RESOLVED!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sixhackers ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing a compatibility issue with the version of HP Smart available on the Play Store and your Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) after the temporary uninstallation. 

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue and reinstall HP Smart:

• Check for Updates: First, ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) is fully updated. Sometimes, outdated operating systems can cause compatibility issues with certain apps.
  • Clear Cache and Data: Go to Settings > Apps > HP Smart. Then, tap on "Storage" and select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data". This will remove any temporary files or data that might be causing conflicts.
  • Reinstall from Play Store: After clearing the cache and data, try reinstalling HP Smart from the Play Store again. If the Play Store still shows the compatibility issue, proceed to the next step.
  • Download from HP Website: If HP Smart still isn't available on the Play Store for your device, you can try downloading it directly from the HP website. Go to the HP support website, search for your printer model (Officejet Pro 8025), and look for the HP Smart app in the downloads section. Download and install the app manually.
  • Check System Requirements: Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) meets the minimum system requirements for HP Smart. This information should be available on the Play Store listing or HP's website.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Those ideas were all great suggestions but did'nt resolve the issue. This is a 2016 Samsung tablet with an older opperating system that can not go any higher than the opperating version with which it was shipped. So many of the upgraded apps won't even show a download for these older Tablets any longer. As the latest vesions of certain apps will only work on newer andreoid opperating systems. So once I updated Chrome the only resolution was to go to a website named uptodown.com and download an older and older version of HP Smart until I got back to a late 2021 verson which would reinstall and work fine. I had to do this on another 3 apps that alsio would no longer work unless I then put in 2021 0r 2022 versions of those apps as well. I don't know why just updating Chrome makes the "Play Store" NOT offer the older versions of apps like HP Smart and Malwarebytes Free and others but it will just say this version is NOT compatable with your system.  so if an older verion downloaded from uptodown.com version still won't work it will just say "Trouble parsing the app". If that happens delete that download and go back and keep getting the previous version until it works. The web site "uptodown.com" is a great place to find virus free older versions of many popular apps that got updated over time. And it won't infect your android devise with malware or viruses.  Just try to think back to how long you've you may have had the app you temporarily deleated and then subscribe "free" to "uptodown.com" and try to get the older app back. It resolved my issue on multiple apps I deleated just to have enough space to update chrome. Then once I found the older other apps again they all reinstalled and worked just fine again.  I few I had to try many times to get one old enough to work with my older android opperating system....but eventually I did and they are all back and working as before just fine. Hope this info helps you to help others or others who read this post. ISSUE RESOLVED!

HP Recommended

HI @Sixhackers ,

That's great! I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution and Kudos, Thumbs Up buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.