Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP printing software collects photo files from my Dell PC Windows 10 picture folders ready for editing and printing. However recently some of the photo files are not being collected. Those which are collected are JBEG and BMP files whereas theHEIC photo files sent to me from the US are not being collected. Why?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BOBBIE77, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
  • Also, which software are you referring to?
  • When you say it does not collect, does it mean you're unable to print?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no problem whatsoever with the printer. The software is probably quite old and called 'HP PHOTO AND IMAGING GALLERY'. The software does not collect HEIC and BMP (I received them from the US) photo files from my PC folders. All the other JPEG, JPG and SCAN photo files are collected as always from the PC folders and are then available for editing and printing by the software. For the record my printer is an HP DESKJET 3050a (J611)

HP Recommended

@BOBBIE77

Thanks for replying!

This requires remote assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.