Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iOS

HP envy inspire 7900e: How do I obtain my printers email to print away from home?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Delly89,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To print documents remotely on your HP Envy Inspire 7900e, you can use the HP Smart app and HP ePrint service. To do this, you first need to set up your printer for remote printing and obtain its unique email address. Here’s how you can do it:

Set Up the Printer with HP Smart:

• Download and install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or computer. This app is available for both iOS and Android devices, as well as Windows and macOS.
  • Connect your printer to the internet. Ensure your HP Envy Inspire 7900e is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Open the HP Smart app and add your printer. You may need to create or sign into an HP account.

Enable Web Services and Get the Printer’s Email Address:

• In the HP Smart app, navigate to your printer settings and look for an option to enable Web Services. This might require your printer to update its firmware.
  • Once Web Services are enabled, the printer will print a page that includes its unique email address. This address ends with @hpeprint.com.

Print via Email:

• To print a document remotely, simply send it as an attachment to the unique email address you obtained. The HP ePrint service supports various file types including PDF, JPG, DOC, and more.

Manage Allowed Senders:

• For security, you can manage who can send emails to your printer. This can usually be configured in the HP Smart app or through your HP account online, where you can specify allowed email addresses or restrict printing to only those emails.

Considerations and Limitations:

• Make sure the documents you send via email comply with size and format restrictions.
  • Check your internet connection and ensure that the printer is connected and has paper and sufficient ink.

Using the HP Smart app and HP ePrint service allows you to print documents easily no matter where you are, as long as both your device and the printer have internet access.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.