Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer Status page says admin password not set, but admin/12345678 or admin/admin does not work.  I've put the latest firmware on the printer, I've also done a semi-full reset, and the unplugging reset all without result.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TRSolomon,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Are you referring to the EWS page that's locked or the printer operations?

Did you attempt to reset the EWS page?

Have you reset the network or printer defaults to resolve the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what I suggest you do:

Open the EWS and reset the password

Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page, and then press Enter.

Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.

Keep the username default as admin.

Type the New Password and Verify Password.

Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

The printer cannot be connected to a network. Use these steps to reset the printer settings to re-establish a network connection.

From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

Touch Restore and then touch Restore Factory Default.

Touch Continue on the confirmation message.

Wait until factory defaults are restored and the printer restarts.

Read and respond to the setup screens to set up the printer.

If the issue persists, refer to my private message for further instructions:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.