Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am using latest Catalina update on an iMac Pro with a Laserjet Pro MFP M477 series all in one, and this nailed it for me .  Thanks for the link as the update works allowing me to scan more than 2-3 pages before failing as was the case with the older HP app.

HP Recommended

Install Parallels on your Mac and then use the Windows "Scan" software to use the Scan functionality. Hopefully HP will bring out a Catalina compatible driver soon. They better. I only purchased this Printer a few months ago.

HP Recommended

I have an HP CM2320 nf MFP its drivers are not supported on my Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

HP Recommended

I got a survey from Hewlett Packard and I told them that they should not expect the community of people on the purchase products from them to solve problems with their product. That they could try to help since they are the ones who created the product in the first place. Or at least let us know something. I solve my problems by messing around but I do have a Hewlett-Packard printer even though it's way over five years old. Maybe that's why I can print directly from System Preferences on my computer. Mine is it OfficeJet 4654. I wish you luck and I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. It took me a long time to solve mine but at least I was able to solve it. No thanks to Hewlett-Packard.

HP Recommended

Try scanning directly from your System Preferences on your your Mac computer.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I hope it is. For me I saw the problem without downloading anything – – who knows an update in the future might change that though. But for now I can scan directly from my Mac. But it doesn't work for everybody I hope it solves your problem. I think this is a big pain in the butt and they really should not depend on us to be trying to help each other they should be doing something to help us it's their product and I think it's shotty. I don't like downloading stuff unless I know what I'm downloading.

HP Recommended

Frasko, When you say it worked for you, what do you mean?  I just bought my own 7855 today, only to find out I can't scan directly to my Mac with Catalina installed. Bummed.  I can, however, print and scan from my computer

HP Recommended

I think that you will find that scanning from the computer is nicer it's faster. And you don't have to scan the document actually if you want you can just get the documents scanned into the scanner and then you can do a screenshot of it and then you can just delete it. That's what I do too I scan from the computer and it works wonderful. So far as I'm concerned I think it was a pain in the neck to have to waste time figuring it out but in the end it's better.

HP Recommended

Thanks Maryjaye, sounds like a perfect workaround.  I'm just disappointed because with my last office jet All in One, I was unable to scan from the printer due to software issues.  so when I bought this one and found out it doesn't support 10.15, I'm bummed.  hopefully, they'll figure it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.