Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I have quite a few old devices that I want to remove from my HP Smart account but I cannot find the option to remove them. I have checked the app and the browser version of my account. None of them allow me to select the device, options, remove. My only option is Printer Options, Manage Printer Settings, then Add a printer to HP Smart. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FamilyFirst13 

Welcome to the HP Community --

I've managed to find an remove a disconnected device -- and I've read just as often that the option is just not there for others trying to do the same thing.  Unfortunately, so far I've not found an archived screenshot of the task.

I can offer the following --

At the least, you can likely remove the unwanted printer from your master "My Devices" list in your HP Account.

-------------------- --------------------

HP Account - Management / Device Lists / Warranty and Product Information

Add / Delete devices in your

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Scroll to the bottom of the web page to change the region.

HP My Devices list, Cases, Warranty information, How-to / Troubleshooting, Product and Service information, Add or Delete a device

HP_Account_Dashboard_7HP_Account_Dashboard_7

-------------------- --------------------

“HP Smart / HP Connected” - Printers added to ePrint / Print Anywhere

Management / Options

HP Smart / HP Connected – Sign in / Create Account

Note:  Website might take 1-10 seconds to open

Click Flag to switch to your region

Account Dashboard

Select Printers > In Solutions > Other Solutions >

If the printer is listed, whether or not it is marked "Disconnected" >

Select the Printer > Change Settings > Look for and select Remove Printer

Example > Right side of the illustration

HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_4HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_4

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.